Requisition ID 25340
As Discovery portfolio continues to grow – around the world and across platforms – the Global Technology & Operations team is building media technology and IT systems that meet the world class standard for which Discovery is known. GT&O builds, implements and maintains the business systems and technology that are critical for delivering Discovery’s products, while articulating the long-term technology strategy that will enable Discovery’s growing pay-TV, digital terrestrial, free-to-air and online services to reach more audiences on more platforms.
Within our Information Security team, there has never been a busier or more urgent time to obtain the best talent we can for a function so critical to Discovery. In light of the constant threats and attacks occurring in companies across the globe, and across all industries, the Information Security Team at Discovery is a growing group of cyber security professionals, that are using the latest tools and resources to protect the assets from our internal infrastructure to the shows we broadcast across the globe on HGTV, Food Network Kitchen, Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, Discovery ID, TLC, EuroSport, 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games Broadcasts in Europe and more. From the US to Singapore, India to LA, we are tasked with protecting, training, and implementing the best of the best in tools, resources, monitoring, threat detection, and more.
The Sr. Director, Information Security Architecture has direct responsibility for designing secure solutions for Discovery. Ensuring systems are designed in a manner that meets any regulatory requirements as well as Discovery Information Security Policies and Standards. The Sr. Director, Information Security Architecture is responsible for ensuring that the following activities are conducted, coordinated and applied consistently throughout the SDLC. This role will have to coordinate with Application Security teams, Information Security Engineering teams, Information Security Governance, Risk and Data Security teams, Information Security Operations teams, as well as key infrastructure, Broadcast teams like Networking, cloud and systems, and Digital teams to review architecture and security controls This role is also the second-in-command for the VP of Information Security Engineering and Operations and will play a key role in the organizations strategic direction.
The ideal candidate would have come up through the ranks from Security Engineer to Management and eventually running a global IT Security Architect team. This position will also be including working with various third parties to develop, integrate, and support operating systems and providing leadership for the Discovery Information Security Architecture program.
1. “Second-in-Command” for the VP of Information Security Operations and Engineering
2. Perform information security architecture assessments, prepare information systems security action plans, evaluate information security products, and perform other activities necessary to ensure a secure environment.
3. Lead and manage team members
4. Implement the requirement of Discovery and other information systems security policies, standards, baselines, guidelines, and procedures.
5. Reviewing current system security measures and recommend and implement enhancements.
6. Conducting regular system tests and ensuring continuous monitoring of cloud security environments and network security is appropriate for current world threats.
7. Ensuring all personnel have access to the IT system limited by need and role.
8. Document detailed technical requirements and security baselines for technologies.
9. Provide consultation to business lines on information security architecture, to include but not limited to cloud environments
10. Conduct after action reviews into any alleged IT or network security compromises, incidents, or problems and provide mitigating controls.
11. Review the status of the computer and network security.
12. Monitor changes in the security landscape and coordinate appropriate responses.
13. Build security requirements for security projects and initiatives
14. Mentor and provide guidance to peers and engineers outside of immediate management responsibility
15. Design and architect secure security solutions with deliverables that reflect the design and can be referenced for future reference.
16. Strong foundational knowledge in multiple information security domains such as identity and access control, cloud security, network security, operations security, application security, cryptography, computer forensics, security architecture and design, and mobile device security.
• One or more of the following certifications required:
o SSCP, CCSP, CISSP-ISSEP, CISSP ISSAP, GCED, GCCC
• Solid understanding of security protocols, cryptography, authentication, authorisation and security
• Good working knowledge of current IT risks and experience implementing security solutions
• Experience implementing multi-factor authentication, single sign-on, identity management or related technologies
• Ability to interact with a broad cross-section of personnel to explain and enforce security measures
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as business acumen and a commercial outlook
• Minimum of 7+ years in a cyber security role including at least 5 years in a Security Architect role
• Must have experience in managing and developing teams
• Understanding of technologies and be a subject matter expert in Cloud Security
• Experience in SIEM, IPS, IDS, NAC, Threat Assessments and network security
• Ability to assess the current environment and design an architecture including diagrams and documentation
• Experience in leading and managing information security teams
• Experience in leading critical cybersecurity areas including: cyber incident response, disaster recovery, cyber security monitoring, remediation and information governance.
• Ability to operate in a dynamic environment with the ability to respond and react decisively in a changing set of circumstances and priorities. Ability to quickly assess complex situations and take appropriate action, such as during security incidents
• Thorough understanding of IT systems and security tools, including methods, procedures, equipment and software used for delivery; deep understanding of Cloud and IoT.
• Strong influencing skills to getting things done; a collaborative approach with the ability to partner with peers across the enterprise.
• Experience implementing cloud security technologies, including encryption, network security, intrusion detection and digital forensics
• Building strong relationships across the enterprise in order to implement appropriate security controls for cloud environments.
• High level of personal integrity, and the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and demonstrate the appropriate level of judgement and maturity in balanced risk decision making
• Partner closely with leadership, especially infrastructure and engineering, to ensure that all applications and platforms adhere to cybersecurity requirements, as well as secure processing systems
• Strong understanding of application and database architectures of distributed, highly available systems
• Experience knowledge of TCP/IP, networking design, and routing architectures
• Experience knowledge of network security systems and protocols, including firewalls, Radius and TACACS+, IPSEC and IKE, SSH, etc.
• Ability to maintain proficiency in vulnerability and threat management best practices
• Ability to develop and implement security procedures and controls
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Computer Science or IT-related field, 10 years equivalent experience without a degree
• Extensive knowledge of NIST framework, CSC framework, CSF framework, ITIL, PCI, and ISO 27001-2x.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States