News10 ABC in Albany, New York is looking to hire a Digital Promotions Producer. We are looking for a highly motivated and creative individual. This position will be responsible for producing effective on-air promotional spots, digital marketing and special projects.
• Create content to drive engagement on station social platforms.
• Responsible for promotional messages across News10 website(s), apps and all social media platforms.
• Collaborate with Digital Executive Producer and Producers to promote big news stories and branded content across social and digital platforms.
• Track and analyze effectiveness of marketing messages on social and digital platforms.
• Collaborate with Digital content team on best practices and insights.
• Assist digital team as needed in breaking news and severe weather coverage.
• Promote ABC/FOX shows and specials across websites and social platforms.
• Work closely with Digital Executive Producer to fulfill daily assignments and upcoming projects.
• Monitor trends in social and digital space and recommend innovative techniques.
• Finds new and innovative ways to engage with viewers.
• Additional hours as needed; including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Finds new ways to use Social Media and our website to engage with viewers.
• Additional responsibilities as assigned by management.
Requirements & Skills:
• The ideal candidate will possess a proven passion for local journalism and how journalism supports community efforts.
• Degree in journalism, multi-media arts, communications, or equivalent with minimum of one-year experience.
• Effectively works in a fast-paced environment meeting tight deadlines.
• Experienced with strong analytics and reporting skills.
• You speak, gif and meme.
• Ability to juggle several projects simultaneously.
• Efficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere, PhotoShop, AfterEffects)
• An eye for detail with spelling, proper grammar, copy writing, and proofreading is a must.
• Maintain positive work environment through active team participation and cooperation with co-workers in all departments.
• Responds positively to feedback.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Digital Producer must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Digital Producer must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.