WROC-TV News8 in Rochester, NY is seeking a Broadcast Engineer with strong IT skills who can help maintain technical facilities and be responsible for the computer networks and equipment in a busy TV station.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Primary person to provide desktop IT support.
• Install and maintain servers, switches, computers, and VOIP phone equipment
• Install, maintain, and repair broadcast studio equipment and systems including but not limited to SDI switchers, routers, amplifiers, converters, cameras and ENG equipment
• Operate and repair high power UHF transmitters.
• Assist with microwave shots when needed.
• Collaborate with members of the engineering team to solve technical problems.
• Make repairs of electronic equipment to the component level.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Technical degree in Electronics.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Valid driver’s license
• Minimum two years’ experience with digital electronics systems in a television broadcasting environment
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Experience with fiber connectivity, production setups, A/V routing and patching, audio/video equipment.
• Experience with digital transmitters, microwave equipment, and other broadcast-related equipment.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to read and understand technical drawings and schematics.
• Must be able to work nights, weekends, whenever the need arises.
• Must be able to sit, stand, reach, climb ladders, and work in confined spaces indoors and outdoors.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds.