We are currently looking to recruit a Sales Assistant to join our commercial team here in our Paris office. The sales assistant is responsible for providing support to Sales Planners & Manager and administrative assistance within the CNNIC Western Europe sales team. The role is within the Advertising Sales Department and is to support the region as well as other designated territories as required.
CNN is a major global pioneering news channel which has been at the forefront of news reporting for over 30 years.
Its two dozen branded networks and services are available to more than 2 billion people in more than 200 countries and territories. It reaches 100 million households in the U.S. and CNN International reaches more than 293 million households around the world.
CNN International Commercial (CNNIC) looks after the advertising and content sales for the channel.
What you’ll be doing:
• Administrative account maintenance
Oversee the booking of TV and online advertising deals with the traffic team, prepare confirmation and post campaign reports, send out billing/payment emails, manage prospect and status sheets as well as campaign history sheets, chase copy and liaise with clients and/or agencies to ensure timely copy receipt, check invoices and contracts. Tasks involve heavy excel and PowerPoint usage.
• Working closely with Western Europe Sales Planners
Ensure smooth running of all Ad Sales campaigns (keeping them on-target, with timely delivery of all campaign components, foresee any troubleshooting).
• Team co-ordination
Respond to general client/agency enquiries and general administrative duties, coordinate with our digital & TV trafficking teams
What we’re looking for:
• Excellent administrative skills and attention to detail;
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment;
• Ability to cope in a very busy environment, to prioritise and multitask;
• IT skills (Windows, Word, Databases, Outlook, Internet, Excel and PowerPoint);
• Ability to work effectively and proactively;
• Good interpersonal skills (work well with others in an open-plan department);
• The confidence to build and maintain relationships with clients and agencies;
• To possess a keen attitude and willingness to learn, remain motivated and ambitious to progress within the industry;
• Customer service driven with a professional telephone manner;
• To have and use initiative, as well as a willingness to respond to direction from team members;
• An interest in current affairs and an international outlook;
• Language – English and French are essential and good working knowledge of German is a plus.