HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s direct-to-consumer (DTC) offering debuting in May 2020. With over 10,000 hours of curated premium content anticipated at launch, HBO Max will offer powerhouse programming for everyone in the home, bringing together HBO, a robust slate of new original series, key third-party licensed programs and movies, and fan favorites from WarnerMedia’s rich library, including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more.
Our DTC team is laying the foundation for HBO Max, and we need highly motivated, uniquely skilled, and technically agile experts across a variety of disciplines to accomplish things that have never been done before.
The Manager, Editorial Strategy will assist in developing and implementing the editorial strategy and vision for the HBO Max platform and the strategy across Warner Media Entertainment. In this role, you will be responsible for identifying, evaluating and executing a highly engaging editorial experience for consumers that combines WarnerMedia brands into one HBO Max voice, delighting users through engagement and discovery. You will collaborate closely across Content, Programming, Marketing, Publishing and other teams to develop strategies that increase user engagement and increase customer lifecycle value. You will also work closely with the Publishing team to ensure content is delivered accurately and on time.
• Ability to effectively influence and contribute the editorial vision and strategy for the product that drives growth and engagement.
• Experience in planning and prioritization, copy and imagery for originals, liaison with sub-brands and ensure Editorial Calendar deadlines.
• Ensure editorial content aligns with the HBO Max product, brand and content strategies and partner closely with teams across the organization including Brand Marketing, Originals Marketing, Content, etc.
• Understand strategies on feature rollouts, industry standards and changes, and product improvements.
• Assist publishing counterparts to ensure schedules are delivered on time and to specification.
• Support Editorial externally, interfacing with Brand, Content, Publishing, Legal, and additional teams as needed.
• Utilize data for continuous editorial improvements.
• Develop, research and analyze new strategies to increase content consumption and drive interest.
• Establish a deep understanding of HBO Max's users to inform audience-first, data-driven segmentation strategies that drive KPIs including increasing streaming hours and CLV.
• Provide insights and analyses to drive the development of KPIs, evaluation and recommendations, as well as partnering with data analytics team to understand how our audience engages with content, their behaviors including user/audience perceptions, motivations, and usability testing.
• Ability to effectively communicate the process or results of your analyses cross-functionally.
• Identify and apply competitive and industry key learnings and trends.
• Work within Growth Marketing to increase user engagement and its impact to product and feature upgrades that drive user loyalty, increasing the CLV.
• Stay up to date with developments in content management and generate new ideas to drive product strategy.
• 6 years of experience in digital editorial products specific to user engagement and streaming or related experience at an entertainment media company.
• Prior experience and success in setting strategic context and helping develop creatives.
• Robust experience in content editorial, preferably in streaming, across all devices and operating systems.
• Knowledge of competitive landscape including SVOD and OTT services as well as deep knowledge of Content Management Systems (CMS) and Editorial.
• Detail oriented, organized, adept at prioritizing tasks, able to delegate appropriate responsibilities to editors and managers.
• Developed creative taste and strong instinct for stories and experiences that will capture consumers.
• Ability to actively engage in strategic conversations with social insights and community perspectives.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Self-motivated and accountable with executive-level presence.
• Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities; candidate must be able to create their own direction yet balance cross functional teams' needs, reacting quickly, dynamically, and intelligently.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands