• A classic rock air personality who knows how to produce a high quality radio show
• A dynamic personality relatable to the Austin Rock listener utilizing on-air and social media content
• Dependable with stellar attention to detail
Our teams have earned a valued reputation by setting high standards for excellence while creating a fun, exciting and innovative workplace, where every individual is part of the team.
Waterloo Media is a cluster of eight radio stations in Austin, TX. KLBJ-AM (590), KLBJ-FM (93.7), KGSR (93.3), ACL Radio (97.1), KROX (101.5), KBPA (103.5), KLZT (107.1), and Latino 102.7.
KLBJ-FM is a highly rated classic rock station that is seeking a dynamic part time on-air personality to entertain listeners and interact with the Austin community. This is an evening shift working approximately 5 hours per week. The pay is so-so but the environment is fun and exciting. Interested? Then keep reading to see if you have what it takes!
Duties Include but are not limited to:
• Plays music as specified by music director and music log
• Writes and reads, or ad-libs segments to identify station, announce station breaks, commercials, etc.
• Prepare and create a topical show by gathering information from news flashes, wire copy, periodicals, computer and television
• Conducts, records, and edits, Interviews musical guests or other famous or public personalities as well as moderating panels or discussion shows
• Answer phone lines and interviews members of listening audience
• Plans and stages community events, including hosting and assisting at charity functions. Attends live, in-person appearances as scheduled by the station or requested by clients
• Operates control console and performs commercial production
• Maintains and builds a positive cooperative attitude within the station and a strong personal community involvement
• Follow and enforces FCC regulations, station and company polices, including implementing station’s/state’s EAS procedures
• Performs additional duties in small stations, such as production, assisting program director or music director, operating radio transmitter or writing advertising copy
• Other duties assigned as necessary
Qualified Candidates Require:
• Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
• Must have at least 2 years prior experience as an On-air Personality and/or Board Operator
• Experience with operating audio console board, digital automation equipment, and remote broadcasting equipment
• Ability to effectively present information in a clear and personable tone of voice on-air
• Valid driver’s license and state mandated auto insurance