Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KFDA-TV NewsChannel 10 is the #1 rated television station and CBS affiliate in Amarillo, Texas. We serve an audience of 250,000 people across more than 30 counties in the Texas Panhandle, as well as parts of Oklahoma and New Mexico. We offer live news and other programming on three analog channels and are always expanding our digital reach with dotcom, mobile apps and social media.
KFDA, Newschannel10 the CBS Affiliate in Amarillo, Texas has an opening for a Sports Director. This is NOT an entry level position. This full-time position will be responsible for managing, organizing and operating our Sports Department along with anchoring the sportscast Monday-Friday. The qualified candidate will have experience as a sportscaster inside a working newsroom. If you want to read highlights, this job is NOT for you. We are looking for a creative storyteller, someone who is passionate about covering the people and human stories behind the highlights.
• Anchor sportscast 5 nights a week.
• Responds to breaking sporting events in our market.
• Strives to achieve the goal of a hyper-local sportscast.
• Organize all local sporting events in a 26-county area, and do so efficiently
• Maintain sports video equipment.
• Appear at various community events.
• Maintain a consistent level of sports content on website.
• Must have strong organizational skills.
• MUST have experience inside a working newsroom, No entry level candidates will be considered.
• Must have strong communication skills and be a good story teller.
• Flexibility to work any shift
• Deliver sports in an energetic, exciting and accurate manner.
• Develop original content
• Valid Drivers License/MVR Required
• Pre-employment drug screen required
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.