Are you well-versed in Ruby or Python? Do you pride yourself on being able to solve problems other companies deem unsolvable? We’re seeking a proactive self-starter with a strong results orientation to join our team in Washington D.C. as a Software Engineer II (SEII), where you’ll work directly with our full time back-end integration engineers to develop scalable and responsible web applications that touch our ever-growing customer base. As part of our Labs team, you’ll design, develop, maintain and troubleshoot the “glue” that connect our iCIMS Attract product to ERP systems at some of the world’s largest companies, working collaboratively with agile team members to enhance system functionality and research and remedy issues as they arise. If you’re a highly driven developer who’s passionate about continuous improvement and providing a first-class customer experience, this could be your next big thing.
Software Engineer II (SEII) will be part of a team of some of the best and brightest in the industry who are focused on full-cycle development scalable web and responsive applications that touch our growing customer base every day. As part of the Labs team, SEII will work collaboratively with agile team members to enhance existing system functionality and to research and remedy issues as they arise, embodying a passion for continuous improvement and test-driven development. The SEII will report to the Manager of Software Engineering.
iCIMS is a high-growth Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company headquartered in Holmdel, NJ. Eight-times voted a Best Place to Work by NJBIZ and #16 on Glassdoor’s 2019 Best Places to Work list, we are the industry’s #1 recruitment software provider, delivering technology that supports approximately 4,000 contracted customers around the globe. Dedicated to maintaining an inclusive, inspirational and innovative work environment, and committed to our consistent growth, we have a wide range of opportunity for career advancement within our organization. Come grow with us—apply today!
• Work with our integrations engineers to help design, develop, deploy and maintain integrations with various HR software platforms
• Work with cross-functional development teams to roll out new software releases
• Work extensively with web service APIs and automation tools
• Expertise and proficiency in multiple technologies and/or domain
• Develop, test and maintain a scalable web and responsive applications
• Design and develop scalable and reliable automated test frameworks
• Collaborate with agile team members on achieving Sprint deliverables
• Implement new features and perform code reviews
• Research and resolve complex problems as they arise
• Using engineering best practices, design, develop, analyze test plans and strategies to meet performance, usability, scalability, reliability and security needs
• Mentor Software Engineers (I)
• Consistently ensure that business is conducted with integrity at all times and that behavior aligns with iCIMS' policies, procedures, and core competencies.
• Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming Principles and Patterns and open source technologies
• Experience with the UNIX command line
• Experience with git/other version control systems (svn,cvs,mercurial,etc)
• Experience with relational or nonrelational databases
• Familiarity with web service APIs (SOAP and REST)
• Willingness to travel to New York City office occasionally (if in D.C.)
• Experience with transforming data streams from remote systems to support integration efforts is a plus
• Experience with MySQL and Redis is a plus
• Experience with browser-based automation (Capybara, Selenium, Poltergeist) is a plus
• Experience with web scraping is a plus
• Firm understanding of software engineering practices, philosophies and techniques
• Experience following Agile/SCRUM techniques
• Ability to influence, lead and organize an agile team with a focus on results
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative, who can proactively identify issues/opportunities, recommend and implement solutions
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or other technical degree and 1 years of software engineering experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or other technical degree and 2 years of experience developing recruiting software or 3 years of software engineering experience.
• In lieu of bachelor’s or technical degree, we will accept 2 additional years of software engineering experience.