HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s direct-to-consumer (DTC) offering debuting in May 2020. With over 10,000 hours of curated premium content anticipated at launch, HBO Max will offer powerhouse programming for everyone in the home, bringing together HBO, a robust slate of new original series, key third-party licensed programs and movies, and fan favorites from WarnerMedia’s rich library, including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more.
Our DTC team is laying the foundation for HBO Max, and we need highly motivated, uniquely skilled, and technically agile experts across a variety of disciplines to accomplish things that have never been done before.
The Director will be responsible for all production aspects of assigned HBO Max original programming, ensuring that productions meet all business, creative, technical, and strategic goals.
The Director will partner with internal and external stakeholders (e.g.: HBO Max department staffs - Production, Development/Current/Casting, Business Affairs, Production Finance, Legal, Labor Relations, Publicity/Marketing, Image Management, Standards & Practices; individual project - Line Producers, Unit Production Managers and Production Accountants) to develop viable production budgets/plans and oversee implementation of the production budgets/plans.
• Project Budgeting: Planning, coordination and preparation of production budgets with Creative, Casting, Business Affairs and Finance teams to ensure budgets meet creative/operational expectations and financial/strategic objectives. Partner with individual project producers (and studios, when necessary) to develop production plans in accordance with budget parameters. Review and evaluate prepared and submitted budgets.
• Project Management: Oversees and directs all project related activities from prep through wrap, to ensure that projects are on schedule, within budget parameters and consistent with internal creative expectations. Coordinates with Production, Development/Current/Casting, Business Affairs, Production Finance, Legal, Labor Relations, Publicity/Marketing, Image Management and Network Standards & Practices. Ensures that corporate and network goals and expectations are communicated, production expenditures are reasonable and monitored for accuracy and consistency. Explores and identifies location incentives. Identifies project staff, crew and vendors. Partners with project managers during negotiation of crew and vendor deals and terms.
• Project Compliance: Establish and enforce production policies and procedures, providing suggestions for updates to policies, forms, procedures and the In-house Production Manual; enforce corporate policies and procedures; ensure compliance with union/guild and government rules and regulations; management of production incentive rules/regulations to maximize value of incentives; ensure that project producers/studios deliver shows in accordance with HBO Max guidelines, policies and procedures.
• Project Administration: Review production generated reports and forms for compliance with budget parameters and accuracy. Ensures staff distributes reports and forms to appropriate staff/departments/3rd parties in a timely manner.
• Responsible for special in-house scripted programming and licensed projects ensuring that productions meet all business, creative, technical and strategic goals
• 10+ years front line producing/production management, front line production finance, studio/network production executive or studio/network production finance experience in scripted television.
• Working knowledge of production scheduling and/or production budgeting software.
• Similar experience/knowledge in unscripted television.
• Working knowledge of post-production management and budgeting.
• Multiplatform video production experience.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands