WBIR-TV is looking for a highly motivated Media Operations Specialist to join our Technical team. The position requires someone who is discipline and thrives in a deadline driven environment. This is a highly collaborative role where job responsibilities include both Studio Production and Master Control Operations. The ideal candidate provides technical support for daily live studio/remote productions, and as a master control operator who manages on-air playlists for multiple broadcast feeds.
• Responsible for the on-air integrity of multiple broadcast feeds.
• Maintain on-air playlists, broadcast logs, execute log changes, support live events, and off-air workflows.
• Ingest and conduct quality control reviews of broadcast media into automation systems.
• Provide immediate and appropriate responses to emergency situations, and breaking news/weather.
• Have a high attention to detail to find and correct problems before they hit air.
• Accurately document and report changes to the log.
• Manage and maintain the studio environment to ensure the proper functioning of studio lighting equipment, props, sets, cameras, microphones, and set functions.
• Re-position and/or troubleshoot robotic studio cameras and manually operated cameras as instructed by control room personnel.
• Responsible for the successful functioning and operation of the studio and related broadcast equipment during live and/or recorded programs or segments
• Act as stage manager or other related duties as assigned by control room personnel
• Set up and operate related equipment in outdoor or remote settings as directed by control room or remote personnel.
• Minimum 1-2 years of experience in a broadcast environment
• College degree or equivalent experience preferred
• Knowledge and understanding of studio cameras, production switchers, video routers and audio consoles.
• Ability to lift 25lb.
• Position requires climbing ladders and accessing raised platforms.
• Must be able to work quickly and efficiently under pressure.
• Experience with both production and/or master control automation a plus.
• Efficiency with ENPS, Bitcentral, Vertigo, X-Play, ELC, and/or MOS Speak a plus.
• Flexibility to work various schedules as required including mornings, evenings, holidays, weekends, and during times of inclement weather.
• The Media Operations Specialist must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
• Good hand/eye coordination.