HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s direct-to-consumer (DTC) offering debuting in May 2020. With over 10,000 hours of curated premium content anticipated at launch, HBO Max will offer powerhouse programming for everyone in the home, bringing together HBO, a robust slate of new original series, key third-party licensed programs and movies, and fan favorites from WarnerMedia’s rich library, including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more.
Our DTC Technology team is laying the foundation for HBO Max, and we need highly motivated, uniquely skilled, and technically agile experts across a variety of disciplines to accomplish things that have never been done before.
We are the team responsible for championing and influencing secure technology choices across the organization. Guiding the design and deployment of features utilizing secure architectures. We play a primary role in instilling security standards and implementing cutting-edge innovative countermeasures. Our team works within our overall corporate entity to develop and instill a DevSecOps mindset across our HBO Max product development organization.
HBO Max represents some of the world's most beloved entertainment content and online experiences. We protect our company assets and customer data. Constantly striving to do better by monitoring the effectiveness of our security programs, processes, and controls. Most importantly, we monitor the processes that safeguard the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of our data. We act as a primary interface in advising our broader organization and business leaders on the importance and value of security. Offering practical implications of emerging threats and identifying cyber risks that arise as our business partners advance new strategies.
As the Director of Security Engineering, you will manage, recruit, and develop a highly skilled group of technical leaders and engineers. Success means maintaining and expanding our reputation as a premium content distributor. You will work towards the development of programs and practices that center on providing our customers with a secure viewing experience.
We believe in the investment of our staff, as such we develop and grow leadership talent through mentoring, coaching, and planning.
In this role, you will help to ensure that our products are secure against malicious threats by facilitating threat modeling, security testing, code analysis, implementing security detection, defense strategies, and consulting with engineering teams on security best practices for architecture and DevOps processes.
• Guide the implementation of new cloud infrastructure methodologies, concepts and changes to security services with our corporate global standards and practices
• Developing and presenting at industry conferences as an expert in the Cloud Security field
• Continually improve and enforce code and design standards for the engineering department
• Apply your technical acumen daily; collaborate on secure architecture, risk assessment, security reviews
• Collaborate with Product Owners, Designers, Sr. Engineers and Management on the Engineering roadmap
• Work with technical project managers to track progress and ensure goals are being met
• Present, communicate and advocate security perspectives as appropriate and needed
• Collaborate in recruiting, resume review, phone screening, and interviews to bring in top-tier talent for the team
• Monitor, review and coach individual's performance; deliver regular performance appraisals and provide disciplinary actions as appropriate
• Support the professional goals of the security engineering team members and provide coaching (develop and motivate staff members, create appropriately challenging projects for team members, internal development opportunities, mentoring, one-on-one)
• Develop Team Cohesion- bring people together and instill a high sense of pride in the team’s accomplishments
• Drive to results both on your team as well as with any outside dependencies
• Other duties as assigned
• Bring 7-10 years of experience working and managing a Security Engineering Team within a Product Development organization (Direct to Consumer).
• Experience establishing DevSecOps programs with a distributed team across a complex technical landscape.
• Experience working with and presenting technical issues to senior leadership.
• Experience with privacy and security compliance (GDPR and CCPA).
• Responsibilities and experience formulating an incident response.
The Nice to Haves
• Certifications in security such as CISSP, CISA, etc.
• Bachelors and Masters in computer science or a related field or equivalent experience.
• Strong global acumen (experienced with collaboration across international teams).