HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s direct-to-consumer (DTC) offering debuting in May 2020. With over 10,000 hours of curated premium content anticipated at launch, HBO Max will offer powerhouse programming for everyone in the home, bringing together HBO, a robust slate of new original series, key third-party licensed programs and movies, and fan favorites from WarnerMedia’s rich library, including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more.
Our DTC Technology team is laying the foundation for HBO Max, and we need highly motivated, uniquely skilled, and technically agile experts across a variety of disciplines to accomplish things that have never been done before.
We lead high-impact, strategic initiatives for the Direct-To-Consumer Technology organization, working with multiple engineering teams and cross-functional business partners to deliver compelling, consumer experiences that highlight our world-class content. We are looking for experienced technical program managers to join us in building the future of WarnerMedia and its flagship product, HBO Max. By working on our team, you can say you helped to deliver the very best streaming platform in the world!
As a senior technical program manager focused on strategic partnerships, you will execute feature delivery across multiple software development teams in support of digital platform partners. You’ll work cross-functionally with distribution, partner operations, product management, experience design, engineering, quality assurance, and release management to understand strategy, requirements, and technical implementation details. You’ll drive key program deliverables, communicate regularly with partners, and manage dependencies, risks, and escalations. You will be a key contact for the Direct-To-Consumer Technology team to external digital platform partners and (v)MVPDs.
• Lead cross-cutting technology initiatives with digital distribution partners and affiliates, including new platform-specific features and launching our apps on new devices or operating systems
• Develop and own the process for partner project intake and status communications across multiple engineering teams
• Work with cross-functional teams to intake, define, and schedule work to develop key features and maintain quality partner integrations
• Formulate a point of view on how proposed features align with business goals and our tech strategy
• Stay connected to digital partners by building solid relationships with key contacts and participating in regular syncs as a representative for the Direct-To-Consumer Technology organization
• Understand how partner features are delivering value to our customers and business using service metrics and KPIs
• 5+ years of experience in technical program management or a similar role (e.g., product management, project management)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to target communications up, down, and across the organization and to external partners
• Systems thinking and a strong sense of ownership to drive complex programs with interdependencies that require definition from the ground up
• First-rate project management skills, including the ability to balance multiple, sometimes competing, priorities with date-driven timelines and a solid understanding of risk management
• Emotional intelligence to lead through influence, while building a culture of teamwork and inclusiveness
• Familiarity with digital subscription products and device partner platforms
• Technical aptitude to read partner feature specs and understand how they touch our existing architecture or require new client or services functionality
• Experience with agile software development methodologies
• Analytical skills to dive into usage data and performance metrics
• Ability to travel a couple of times per quarter, largely to our Seattle and LA offices
The Nice to Haves
• Experience in a media/streaming video company
• Understanding of app store metrics and release mechanics
• Familiarity with app globalization
• Knowledge of Jira and Confluence for work tracking
• HBO exclusive events
• Paid time off to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands