Requisition ID 24484
The Data & Strategic Insights team enables a holistic 360 view of the consumer and content for the entire Discovery organization. The team leverages a central research model with shared data and analytics services that can be accessed by all consumer-facing business functions. Using big data platforms, data warehousing and business intelligence technology, audience data, advanced analytics, data science, visualization, and self-service analytics, this team creates a shared, cohesive language with standardized data, metrics, and reporting to enable a global research community.
The Senior Data Visualization Developer is responsible for creating and delivering self-service analytics and data visualization solutions across the global enterprise. This position will partner with business end-users as well as colleagues in the Data & Strategic Insights team to develop and implement collaborative solutions to data and analytics problems. The candidate will also play a pivotal role in the management and administration of our data visualization application.
1. Design effective data visualization products to support business decision making and problem solving
2. Facilitate discussions with data users to surface and prioritize issues, requirements, and solutions
3. Promote enterprise rollout of self-service data visualization solutions
4. Follow data management best practices and support a central source of truth that that drives multi-platform business optimization as well as accountability across the organization
5. Manage collection, tracking, and resolution of feature requests and bug reports
6. Monitor, test, and manage quality of business-facing production data products
7. Prepare documentation of technical requirements and data definitions
8. Monitoring Power BI Gateway health and data sources connections
9. Software licenses administration
10. Troubleshoot business issues reported
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Analytics, or a related discipline; or an equivalent combination of demonstrated skills and experience
• 4-6 years professional experience
• Experienced with data visualization and analytics
• Advanced user of Microsoft Power BI
• Tableau experience is a plus.
• Familiar with relational database technology and data preparation/ETL
• Intermediate to Advanced SQL skills
• Familiar with media industry topics including audience measurement, marketing, and advertising
• Basic knowledge of corporate finance and financial/managerial accounting concepts
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States