Requisition No. 79424
The Bloomberg Central Marketing team is an industry leading and award winning in-house Marketing department at one of the most influential financial services and technology brands in the world. Our mission is to leverage our wealth of data to understand the markets and our target audiences and then deliver impactful creative and results focused programs that support the growth of our brand and align to the strategic priorities of the businesses.
With teams spread across every major Bloomberg office around the world, we have the breadth of resources and market knowledge to take on any objective as well as the Marketing expertise to intelligently address any challenge with a multi-channel, results oriented approach.
• Based in either Shanghai or Beijing, the Financial Products Marketing Team Lead for China will be responsible for the definition and coordination of our marketing strategy, execution and reporting in partnership with key business stakeholders across Sales and Product
• Reporting to the Head of Financial Products Marketing APAC, this individual will lead the local marketing management team to plan and implement marketing plans that support our business objectives in China. That includes but is not limited to building awareness of our brand and the solutions we offer for the Financial Services industry, generating and nurturing leads for priority acquisition and expansion sales targets, and deepening existing client relationships to drive stronger brand loyalty and retention.
• He/She will also be responsible for driving collaboration and aligning audience objectives with their peers in other APAC markets as well as London and NY to help achieve our broader Marketing goals for the Financial Products business globally.
• Additionally, they will partner closely with our internal communications and government relations teams in China to ensure that our external marketing and communications efforts are aligned and in tune with the priorities for the company.
• The successful candidate will be responsible for being the main strategic partner for the Financial Products business in China, setting direction for the full Marketing Management team, developing team members, and making sure results are achieved, measured and reported. The candidate will be a highly motivated professional who is detail-oriented, self-organized, and proactive in coordinating marketing activities from every angle.
We’ll trust you to:
• Collaborate to identify local business priorities (with local Sales and/or Product teams) and define the appropriate Financial Products Marketing strategy and goals for China
• Work with the local team to create results driven, multi-channel Marketing plans that support those priorities
• Manage the full Marketing cycle from strategic planning to execution leveraging all of our internal & external agencies and functional partners
• Be responsible for a number of marketing programs to support regional business objectives that build awareness, generate leads and nurture existing client relationships
• Be detail-oriented, self-organized, and proactive in coordinating and leading marketing activities from every angle to achieve maximum results for the region
• Be an advocate for the Bloomberg brand and ensure that all marketing activities are aligned and support the overall brand
• Ensure integration between all planned marketing activity, whether by an audience or product as well as alignment with the broader marketing team globally covering the same audiences in different regions
• Think strategically and execute tactically
• Adapt, learn quickly and be resourceful
• Be innovative and creative to bring new ideas to the team
• Help to ensure proper integration and alignment of all marketing, communications, government relations and philanthropy activities planned across China, whether by audience, product or geography
• Actively lead and participate in global conference calls with both New York and London. Have flexibility to attend sporadic evening and morning calls.
You need to have:
• 10+ years of experience in an integrated B2B marketing role
• An understanding of the financial services markets in China
• Experience in developing complex marketing plans and coordinating execution across live/virtual events, website, content and social media marketing within the China environment
• Experience in managing teams - with direct and dotted-lined reporting structures
• Strong leadership and relationship management skills
• Strong project management skills and attention to detail
• Entrepreneurial mind-set and an ability to adapt and learn about new market trends and new audience opportunities
• Ability to lead others by example to drive results throughout China
• Ability to multi-task in a time-pressured environment
• Ability to successfully partner with Heads of Sales, Product, Communications, Government Relations and Philanthropy teams
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Fluency in English and Native Mandarin both read, write and spoken is a must
• Flexibility to travel within region and sporadically to NY and London
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.