The Circulation Sales & Brand Awareness Supervisor (CSBAS) will be responsible for executing the current sales and marketing strategy of the Houston Chronicle Media Group (HCMG), identification of sales and marketing opportunities, merchandising of HCMG products and marketing placement while cultivating and managing partner relationships across a defined region of the Houston market. Successful candidates will manage key relationships with local retailers, local event organizers and vendors doing business on the behalf of HCMG while delivering against internal sales and marketing plan expectations. The CSBAS will be expected to develop specialized sales teams to target key market selling opportunities within the HCMG market. This position will work directly with the Consumer Sales and Marketing Manager to budget, forecast and maximize sales and marketing goals around product volume and revenue as well as consumer awareness of the HCMG brands.
• Directly recruit, train, develop & supervise an employee-based sales team to target specially assigned retailer sales locations & events in the HCMG marketing footprint.
• Target & develop new circulation marketing locations, events & other opportunities for Home Delivery, Single Copy & Digital subscriptions
• Promote, manage & maintain positive retailer & consumer sales relationships; including scheduling, on-site supervision, customer service duties & sales validation functions.
• Develop new sales promotions, contests, marketing materials, partnerships that promote the HCMG market image & increase consumer participation with HCMG products & services. Will also assist with circulation sales forecasting, sales scheduling, budgeting & revenue development.
• Handle in-field training, supervision and reporting of the sales environment; achieve & maintain established sales, lead generation & market expansion goals.
• Strong communication skills (oral & written) with ability to relate to others
• Detail-oriented & highly organized
• High integrity, energy, enthusiasm & tenacity
• Ability to generate new ideas and approaches that create opportunity
• Ability to work independently and on a team
• Flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment
• Effective at managing multiple issues simultaneously
• Adaptable to change; professional appearance & demeanor when dealing with the public and venue management
• Bachelor's degree preferred; 4+ years supervisory/management experience; prior sales and/or retail merchandising experience. Reliable vehicle access, and a valid drivers license.