The Vice President, Social Media Marketing, HBO Max will develop and oversee the implementation of strategy to create and sustain an engaged and loyal fan base across multiple social platforms including Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube, etc. This role is highly collaborative and will work across the organization with multiple stakeholders to identify opportunities for growth and to measure success.
• Establish and oversee the execution of the social strategy to support HBO Max.
• Oversee development and production of creative elements for both organic and paid social campaigns across a variety social sites.
• Owns the relationships, timelines, budgets, strategy, and creative development for campaigns with social agencies. Work cross functionally to generate/deliver multi-faceted campaigns to cultivate and build engaged and loyal fans. Partner closely with the digital planning and promotions team as well as other Marketing teams across Warner Media Entertainment.
• Develop and maintain the editorial and promotional calendar in partnership with the digital planning team.
• Oversee the curation and creation of content for social channels.
• Develop and refine social voice for the brand along with community engagement tactics across social platforms. Partner with Data Engineering, marketing technology and BI to define technology, data and analytics needs.
• Lead the performance tracking and reporting functions, including the development of monthly, campaign and ad-hoc reports.
• Translate social sentiment/listening into ideas and strategy and recommendations.
• Monitor social trends, stay abreast of new social platforms and best practices, and provide competitive social analysis.
• Work closely with platforms (Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat) and vendors (e.g. agencies) to identify opportunities.
• Lead, coach and manage a team of social media experts.
• BS degree, with a concentration in Social Media, Public Relations, Journalism, Business preferred or equivalent work experience. MBA preferred.
• 10 years of social media management experience developing and executing social media marketing strategy. Preferably at a marketing/creative agency, or within the entertainment industry.
• Experience supporting a direct to consumer service desired. 5+ years leading a team.
• Prove experience identifying meaningful, actionable insights within past successful social media campaigns. Knowledge and strong interest in pop culture, social platforms and influencer talent.
• Ability to work collaboratively across the organization with employees at all levels.
• Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects at once.
• Proficient in Photoshop, PowerPoint, and Excel.