WB Games Boston, is a Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment development studio focused on creating free-to-play games for mobile platforms. The studio is utilizing its extensive expertise in creating persistent online worlds that foster powerful social gaming communities to develop its hit mobile game, Game of Thrones: Conquest.
Posting Job Description
WB Games Boston seeks a Community Management Intern (Mobile) to help build an engaged and loyal community for our mobile game, Game of Thrones: Conquest and future titles.
The Community Management Intern will act as the voice of the game team to the players, while representing the voice of the players to the game team. The Community Management Intern is responsible for supporting the development and execution of community engagement programs, creating compelling content for our community channels, and monitoring our social media channels and forums.
We are seeking an empathetic candidate who is familiar with a wide variety of communication platforms and understands how to build and support communities, with an emphasis on games. The ideal candidate must be both a strong individual contributor and have the ability to be a grounded member of a team.
What part will you play?
• Create content, including editorial posts for use across multiple channels, polls and contests to engage the community, build loyal fans, spread positive sentiment, and incentivize players to login every day
• Respond to player inquiries across all channels
• Monitor, report, and drive key community engagement performance metrics (e.g., reach, engagement, player sentiment)
• Build excitement and relationships on behalf of our games by contributing to community-engagement programs and monitoring community sites and forums
• Manage (franchise) community with an eye toward encouraging good community behavior and improving the overall tone of the community sites and forums
• Extend program beyond (franchise) websites to build external relationships with community partners such as fan sites, influencers, players, teams and volunteers
What do we require from you?
• Matching experience or interest in community management; students considered
• Proven ability on diverse social media platforms
• Passion for mobile games
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Creative thinker with fresh ideas to activate our community
• Enthusiastic, positive, and team-oriented attitude
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills