Universal Parks & Resorts is at the forefront of the creation, operation, and marketing of theme parks, entertainment centers, and world-renowned destination resorts in North America, Europe, and Asia. As a result, Universal Parks & Resorts has become a world leader in themed entertainment by building a strong global brand based on exceptional entertainment experiences.
Provides technical guidance for an attraction or all attractions under his or her area of responsibility. Responsible for the technical support of the successful specification, design, production, installation, and acceptance testing of the Ride systems, to include Ride Control and Show Control Systems.
• Ensures all Show and Ride equipment maintains the highest level of safety in accordance with Universal Specifications, accepted manufacturing practices and local standards.
• Provides technical guidance and mentoring as required to Show and Ride Responsible Engineers (REs) within the day-to-day detailed installation, test, and adjust activities in the field. Builds strong team cohesion and motivation within the Attraction Technical Team.
• Performs all technical duties and takes all technical responsibilities in the absence of Responsible Engineer support personnel.
• Oversees all technical interaction with Attraction Responsible Engineers, Vendors, Sub-contractors, and other relevant third person parties involved with Show and Ride systems. Develops an open working relationship with the Specialty & General Contractors to insure a clear line of communication regarding installation, test, and adjust activities.
• Enforces Show and Ride technical principles to provide a quality product and necessary deliverables to our customer. Supports and advises the Attraction Manager/Director on how best to achieve this goal.
• Advises, coordinates, and is accountable to the Director of Engineering regarding the status and engineering quality of Show & Ride systems including areas of risk or potential future risks.
• Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established USH policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering is considered.
• 1-3 Years Vendor Management experience with significant in-field installation experience is required.
• 5-7 Years Theme Park specific experience is highly preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
• 5—7 Years experience with Allen Bradley Programmable Logic Computers or equivalent is preferred.
• Requires a sound understanding of engineering practices and procedures.
• Demonstrates proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Office and AutoCAD.
• Clear and concise communication skills
• People and management skills.