The country’s leading provider of festival ticketing, operations, RFID, and marketing solutions to music festivals is looking for an experienced director to lead its world-class engineering team. This technical leader will manage and develop engineers in an agile environment and play a key role in overall department strategy, planning, and execution as the department strives to continually innovate and improve product, technology, and process. Join our growing team as we move our platform into the future.
• Partner with director of product to plan, execute, and deliver business-critical software initiatives.
• Oversee the structuring, staffing, and training of multiple engineering teams.
• Drive the definition of strategy and best practices for across all engineering disciplines.
• Collaborate with product development leaders to institute, monitor, and evolve agile processes.
• Partner with Chief Architect to pursue and deliver on technical maturity initiatives.
• Effectively utilize offsite contracting resources to deliver on surge development efforts.
• Lead after hours engineering support efforts.
• Maintain and monitor engineering policies and processes in accordance with compliance directives.
• Act as primary technical advisor for vice president of product development.
• Represent engineering in department budgetary matters.
• Champion a culture of excellence, accountability, and respect.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• 10+ years of experience as an individual contributor on software development teams.
• 3+ years of experience as a manager of engineers – frontend, backend, or quality assurance.
• Expert knowledge of how modern web applications are built -- architecturally and process-wise.
• Experience building and supporting scalable and highly available software systems.
• Strong understanding of version control technologies and how they shape the development process.
• Proficient at data modeling; understands trade-offs of different approaches and technological choices.
• Excellent written and oral communicator; capable of breaking down complex ideas for laymen.
• Effective multi-tasker with a keen sense of schedule and priority.
• Calm, patient, and empathetic leader.