Job ID 2019-8358
Do you have knowledge of digital platforms and enjoy listening to faith-based music?
Do you have the ability to adapt in a constantly-changing environment?
Do you enjoy creative problem solving and building strong relationships with people?
If you’re a creative individual with great communication skills then the Manager of Commercial Partnerships would be a great fit for you. The digital revenue team at Provident Music expands our artists reach in multiple markets. We’re looking for someone who wants their deep knowledge of faith-based music to directly affect our artists and our company’s success.
Provident Music Group is the Christian music division of Sony Music Entertainment.
Provident Music Group (PMG) is the Christian music division of Sony Music Entertainment and includes Provident Label Group, RCA Inspiration, Provident Films, Provident Distribution, Essential Artist Services, and Essential Music Publishing.
Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
In compliance with the Tennessee Non-Smokers Protection Act, Sony Music is a smoke-free workplace.
• Manage, cultivate and leverage relationships with assigned commercial partners (DSPs), maximizing revenue from those channels
• Initiate and execute strategic digital campaigns for Provident artists; manage product, pricing, placement, and promotions for assigned partners
• Communicate with artists and artist management on partner-specific initiatives
• Ensure partner experiences with artists, artist managers, and label staff are strategic and effective
• Perform partner-specific market research analysis as-needed
• Regularly communicate status of artist campaigns and new initiatives
• Present and educate label staff and artist managers on consumer behavior, marketplace changes, and competitor data
• Advise on content configuration and best practices specific to assigned commercial partners
• Create and distribute release schedules, forecasts, plans, and campaign materials as needed
• Work with production team to ensure content delivery feeds are timely and complete
• Attend artist showcases, concerts, and industry events as needed (e.g. Dove Awards, Music Biz, Stellar Awards)
• Participate in label and distribution meetings
• Identify nontraditional opportunities for Provident content
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Record label or distribution sales experience, generally gained through 5 or more years; sales and/or marketing background preferred
• Working knowledge of digital platforms, the general digital music space, and online digital sales
• Interest in supporting the mission and platform of faith-based music
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• Ability to learn proprietary sales systems
• Flexibility to work in an environment where plans are constantly changing in response to the marketplace
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to express thoughts clearly and succinctly. Experience making presentations in meetings and conference calls a plus.
• Experience analyzing market data, consumer insights, and related financial data is a plus
• Demonstrated organizational skills, including experience coordinating multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment with effective resolution of conflicting priorities
• Must be flexible to work occasional nights and weekends with some travel (10%; long and short distances); willingness and availability to communicate via email and mobile phone outside of office hours
Enjoy a newly remodeled open-floor plan workspace in the Cool Springs area of Franklin, Tennessee, with free parking. Sony offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance, as well as 401(k) match, and generous paid time off per year (including paid holiday time Christmas Day through New Year’s Day).
No relocation expenses will be paid.
Your cover letter is your opportunity to convince us you are the perfect person for this job! Take note to identify specific experiences related to the job requirements above.
Note: if you have previously applied for a Sony Music Entertainment job and wish to submit a different résumé or cover letter than the one you last used, follow these steps.
* Apply for this job online.
* Click on “Update Profile.” From there, upload a new résumé, or copy and paste a new cover letter. Be sure to click “Update Profile” at the bottom of the page when you’re done.