Do you have experience building out products? Do you have a background in algorithm and data structures? We’re looking for an adept influencer with a solid design understanding and strong Java skills to join our team as a Software Engineer III, where you’ll focus on developing scalable web and responsive applications for our growing customer base. As a Software Engineer III, you’ll work on both new initiatives and our existing product suite, and will be assigned a set of tasks for a given sprint. We’re looking for an escalation expert—someone who knows when to surface issues and provide solutions, and who’s comfortable bringing new ideas to the table. If you’re proactive, transparent, and excel at cross-functional collaboration, let’s chat!
iCIMS is a high-growth Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company headquartered in Holmdel, NJ. Eight-times voted a Best Place to Work by NJBIZ and #16 on Glassdoor’s 2019 Best Places to Work list, we are the industry’s #1 recruitment software provider, delivering technology that supports approximately 4,000 contracted customers around the globe. Dedicated to maintaining an inclusive, inspirational and innovative work environment, and committed to our consistent growth, we have a wide range of opportunity for career advancement within our organization. Come grow with us—apply today!
• Expertise and proficiency in many technologies, domains and subsystems
• Design and implement new features and perform code reviews
• Develop, test and maintain a scalable web and responsive applications
• Devise automation strategies, test strategies and test cases to automate new features and enhance existing functionality
• Using engineering best practices, design, develop, analyze test plans and strategies to meet performance, usability, scalability, reliability and security needs
• Lead and collaborate with agile team members on achieving Sprint deliverables
• Ensure proper documentation exists for assigned products
• Research and resolve complex problems as they arise
• Proactively search for making improvements in respective modules/features
• Mentor Software Engineers (I-II)
• Consistently ensures that business is conducted with integrity at all times and that behavior aligns with iCIMS’ policies, procedures, and core competencies.
• Domain expert in enterprise software development influencing organization best practices. begins to create external value
• Expertise in one or more of the following frameworks or libraries, such as: Hibernate and Spring, Reactjs and Redux, node.js
• Advanced proficiency with multiple design patterns including Strategy, Observer, and Bridge
• Advanced proficiency in test automation tools, such as Selenium Webdriver, Appium or similar tools
• Expertise in test design, test creation, test execution and defect analysis/root cause investigation
• Advanced proficiency in multiple best practices such as Test Driven Development (TDD), behavioral-driven development (BDD), Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD)
• Extensive experience utilizing Docker containerization, ability to set-up and modify build and release tools such as, Jenkins and AWS elastic beanstalk.
• Extensive understanding of software engineering practices, philosophies and techniques
• Mentor others in following Agile/SCRUM techniques
• Ability to influence, lead and organize projects across multiple agile teams with a focus on results
• Strong technologist who can anticipate issues/opportunities and build solutions
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or other technical degree and 3 years of software engineering experience or 1 year of experience developing recruiting software.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or other technical degree and 3 years of experience developing recruiting software or 5 years of software engineering experience.
• In lieu of bachelor’s or technical degree, we will accept 2 additional years of software engineering experience.