Requisition Number: 1912531
As the Developer III, you will be responsible for enhancing and supporting the integrations in support of Cox Media Group’s television, newspaper and radio websites. This is a fulltime position located in Atlanta Georgia. The role demands a passionate developer who specializes in API, Webservices development utilizing java, Node JS and AWS Lambda with experience in REST, JSON along with Front end development experience
The successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing applications along with backend Services using REST, a strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
• Build innovative and exceptionally engineered applications focused on integrations, Web Services, API that power customer facing applications satisfying both internal and external customer requirements
• Partner with in-house customers and external vendors to negotiate and customize business, functional, and design requirements for enhanced end-user experience
• Participate in and help drive architecture and design decisions
• Participate in the team’s scrum activities (daily standups, sprint reviews, retrospectives, and planning)
• Participate proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, documentation, tools, and best practices
• Work closely with the QA team to facilitate thorough testing
• 1+ years’ experience working with Cloud environments (GCP or AWS/Azure)
• Solid grasp of web and backend application development
• Experience in web application development and associated skills (REST API, HTTP, JSON)
• Hand on experience on SOAP and RESTful Services development.
• Must have extensive knowledge of Data formats JSON, XML, AVRO and others.
• Proficient with dev/ops, agile development, including expertise with tools like Git and other CI/CD tools used in the dev/ops process.
• Strong interpersonal skills as well as strong teamwork and customer support focus
• Strong collaboration and customer support focus
• Knowledge of Postgres/ Oracle / MySQL / NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4J) is a plus.
• Experience in continuous integration build tools (Jenkins, SonarQube, JIRA, Nexus, Confluence, GIT-Bitbucket, Maven, Gradle, RunDeck, is a plus)
• Experience in building and maintaining cloud native solutions in AWS.
• Experience in all core AWS services like Lambda, S3, EC2, RDS, Dynamo, Dev Ops Services
• Familiarity with monitoring services such as Cloud Watch
• Ability to trouble shoot issues as and when they occur
• Hands on experience in building production quality applications and working directly with the users. Proven track record of delivering solutions from prototyping to deployment using at least one server-side language - Java, C++, Python, Ruby, Node.js
• API development with REST/SOAP is a must.
• Integrate with multiple backend systems using various transport and data protocols while being performance-conscious
• Apply appropriate integration patterns based on technical requirements and high-level design Database Analysis & Design
• Unit and integration testing
• Experience with MVC architecture for Enterprise applications.
• Experience with Linux/UNIX systems and the best practices for deploying applications to those stacks.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent practical experience with emphasis in:
• Computer/Information Science or a related subject