Sells company products and services to end-user customers in assigned territory, industry, or accounts, primarily through outbound and inbound telephone sales.
• Services and grows relationships in existing client base.
• Develops new business and client generation through cold calls.
• Identifies client needs and develops persuasive proposals to meet needs and opportunities.
• Develops and maintains sales pipeline report; develops and maintains a territory/industry plan.
• Prices advertisements, prepares proposals, and collaborates with Production and Traffic to deliver a comprehensive/turn-key solution to clients.
• Follows all station procedures for preparing orders, resolving billing issues, submitting regular reports regarding sales, pipeline lists, forecasts and competitive analysis.
• Achieves revenue targets by increasing revenue spend per account; meets/exceeds established sales targets.
• Negotiates rates based on iHeartMedia’s budgets; collects payments and controls receivables.
• Works collaboratively with internal partners to drive revenue.
• Maintains client communication; ensures customer requirements are clearly communicated throughout the organization to ensure expectations are met.
• Assists Sales Manager in setting appointments and preparing for sales calls by doing customer research and providing the Sales Manager with key competitive and customer needs analysis.
• May assist with customer training and attend trade shows/special events.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking platforms
• Strong client service relationship-building skills
• Adept at prospecting and understanding of the consumer sales cycle: prospecting, buying behaviors, negotiations, overcoming objections and closing
• Ability to plan and organize, set priorities and multi task in a fast-paced environment
• Negotiation and closing proficiency
• Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent grammar
• Independent, self-motivated, competitive, assertive
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
• Attention to details; high work standards
• Understanding of market dynamics including demographics
• Stress tolerance especially with tight deadlines and financial pressures
• Flexibility and creativity
• Strong interpersonal skills
• 3+ years’ experience in inside Media/Advertising Sales with proven success
• 4-year college degree, preferably in a related field