Our biggest investment is in our people. We intentionally strive to cultivate, create and celebrate a culture of belonging where our employees feel respected and empowered. That is why we're committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce by fostering a truly inclusive community.
We offer comprehensive health benefits, 401k matching and student loan assistance, plus career-boosting opportunities like tuition reimbursement and targeted development sessions to help all eligible employees thrive. At Ticketmaster, expect the fast-paced excitement of a startup with the rock-solid support from an industry leader – with plenty of ticket perks on the side.
See what it’s like working at Ticketmaster.
At Ticketmaster, the QA Engineer plays a crucial part to improve quality, speed up QA time, and ship better products more consistently. You pair with developers to coach them in performing better exploratory testing, work to extend and build automated test coverage, and work with managers to help improve QA processes across the entire team.
As experienced QA Engineer, you collaborate with highly talented and supportive developers, designers, project managers and product managers on innovative projects building world-class products. You assess the risks, solve quality challenges, perform exploratory testing, create and manage automated scripts, and coach junior QA engineers in doing the same. You help ship better products more consistently and grow the QA team’s knowledge base.
Ticketmaster welcomes and encourages applications from those in communities historically underrepresented in the technology field.
What the job is:
• Work in a scrum team and be responsible to transform from product feature requirement to test strategies, test planning and test cases design
• Contribute to the overall automation effort in both test cases automation and automation framework development / enhancement
• Develop and execute against a solid automation strategy for delivering the highest quality product releases
• Perform functional, usability, performance and load test for various components and projects in web/mobile domain
• Partner with other QA members and teams on designing and implementing companywide quality initiatives and enhancements
• Create and manage test plans for projects they are responsible for and attend meetings to communicate with the overall team
• Push the team to help ship great software, not just prevent poor software from being released
• Assess and mitigate risks that have an impact on the quality of the products we build
• Understand and help communicate the complexities of Ticketmaster’s internal systems to help test against known issues
• Act as the lead in root cause analysis work for complex software and data issues
• Support and drive the Automation Framework / Maturity Models by partnering with development teams early in the development phase to create/perform automated testing
• Our job descriptions evolve with our business need and priorities. In addition to the description above, your role may include additional projects and team support as needed.
What a qualified candidate should possess:
• CS degree preferred
• 5+ years of experience in a software testing/quality assurance role, including strong UI testing automation, designing test strategies, performance and security testing tools and strategies required
• Must have worked in positions which have site and product releases on a frequent basis
• Expert experience developing automating test suites coupled with expert level experience with manual testing
• Highly detail-oriented and able to learn new technologies quickly
• Expert experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and QA Processes
• Strong experience with QA tools and techniques. Including but not limited to test suite software, automation tools, defect tracking systems, business requirement documentation systems, etc.
• Expert experience with browser and server side test automation tools and strong understanding of mobile (iOS and Android) ecosystems
• Adapts to change, open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs
• Results oriented and can be counted on to meet or exceed goals; pushes self and others for results
• Deals with problems as they arise, focusing energy and resources on those situations until resolved; identifies new opportunities and takes action; takes on new responsibilities when needed
• Highly motivated self-starter who can work with minimal supervision or as part of team
• Strong experience with BDD style automation with Selenium-Java
• Good understanding of web based performance & load testing tools