10News WTSP, the CBS affiliate in market #11, a TEGNA Media Inc. Company, is expanding and has an opening for an Account Executive to join our sales team in the Sarasota/Bradenton area. We’re looking for a "true hunter", driven, solutions-based seller who can hit the ground running and is eager to represent our vast range of broadcast and digital product offerings. The position will be based in the Sarasota/Bradenton area with travel 1-2 times per week to the offices in St. Petersburg. This position will include remote work from home.
We’re looking for an experienced media sales and marketing professional who can:
• Consistently prospect and close new, direct business opportunities.
• Manage and grow existing advertising agency account list.
• Prospect and sign on new, mid-sized agencies to take advantage of Tegna’s full digital suite of products, including Premion, our best in class OTT video platform.
• Consistently uncover the needs of clients and have a deep understanding of how our broadcast and digital offerings can grow their business.
• Persistently seek opportunities to expand relationships with key clients by taking an active interest in learning about their business needs and competitive landscape.
• Set the vision and the strategy for how our products are equipped to reach their best potential customers whenever and wherever they’re consuming media.
• Build positive, lasting client relationships based on effectively achieving clients’ objectives.
• Establish strong relationships with internal team members by providing account management team with clear and concise direction for successful execution of campaigns.
• Take advantage of consumer insights to create first-class solutions backed by rationale to support recommendations.
• Positively and professionally represent the media group at all times.
• Achieve or exceed assigned revenue goals.
What you need to be successful in this role:
• College degree with minimum 3-5 years of media sales and B2B experience preferred.
• Strong understanding of broadcast television and experience working with local accounts
• Strong digital acumen and overall understanding of digital advertising sales, including experience with OTT, PPC, SEO, Native Advertising, Extended Reach Networks, Email Marketing and Social Advertising.
• Excellent presentation skills and ability to communicate with decision makers at all levels.
• Ability to think “outside the box” and develop “big picture” solutions.
• Ability to negotiate CPP’s/CPM’s with media buyers.
• Ability to cold call daily and schedule meetings with new advertising clients.
• Ability to work well with others including internal teams, especially Account Management.
• Strong written and communication skills.
• Proven relationship-building and influencing skills required.
• Ability to efficiently organize workload and workflow is critical.
• Strong desire to learn and become entrenched in the ever-evolving digital marketplace.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 (PowerPoint, Excel, Word and other applications).
• Proficiency with Salesforce.
• Self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to handle an established book of business, while consistently calling on new clients and bringing in new business.
• A valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and dependable vehicle required.
• Must have a thorough background and knowledge of the Sarasota/Bradenton area and be able to travel 1-2 times per week to the offices in St. Petersburg.
• In addition, must have a business relationships in the Sarasota/Bradenton area.