Reporting to Arena Operations Management, the incumbent will be responsible for general manual duties, arena maintenance, changeover related duties within the arena. Duties include but are not limited to converting over NYCB Live, Home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum for the various events, set-ups and break downs for internal meetings and events. Incumbent should be a self-starter that is able to operate under minimal supervision to accomplish work tasks such as: laying the basketball floor, exposing and covering up the ice surface, setting portable seating risers, installing/removing hockey glass and various other duties. As safety is one of NYCB Live non-negotiable standards, incumbent should pay attention to details. This is a part-time, event-based, union and hourly position.
• Performs set up and teardown duties for basketball, hockey, concerts, family shows, boxing, and special events.
• Set up dressing rooms, meeting rooms, banquet spaces, concourse areas, ancillary entrances, and the Plaza as they relate to the need for tables, chairs, furniture, pipe and drape, barricades, bike rack and furniture.
• Ability to perform duties associated with loading dock operations including warehousing, shipments & deliveries, assembly, truck elevators, freight elevators, turntable, loading pad, and material-handling equipment
• Perform minor facility maintenance tasks such as painting, seat repair, dry wall repair and minor carpentry.
• Utilize manual labor skills to support arena operations and all related functions and events.
• Must wear personal protective equipment and safety shoes while on duty.
• Ensure building is properly set and converted during pre- and post-event conversions.
• Work in a safe and efficient manner.
• Organize and maintain facility equipment and storage areas.
• Operate forklifts, scissors lifts and pallet jacks.
• Assemble and maintain furniture and perform other general duties
• Previous experience working in a multipurpose sports and entertainment facility preferred
• Familiarity with using hand tools, power tools, material-handling equipment, forklifts, and general manual labor
• Experience performing facility maintenance, machine operation, and comfortable working with their hands
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks at one time
• Ability to work the overnight shift and other various shifts including weekdays, weeknights, weekends, and holidays as required
• The ability to demonstrate dependability and reliability by being punctual, working assigned and varying shifts and completing responsibilities in a timely manner are required
• Must have the ability to stand, sit, crouch and bend throughout the course of daily activities
• Ability to work in various climates based on the environment
• Must have the ability to stand or sit in one location for a minimum of 4 hours at a time
• Must have the ability to read, write and understand English in a working environment
• Ability to adapt and work effectively in various parts of the facility
• Ability to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 75 pounds
• Must be 18 years or older