Since its launch in 2010, WB Games Montréal has more than 300 employees and continues to grow and recruit additional talents. Working with some of Warner Bros. Studios’ biggest brands, including DC Entertainment, the studio is dedicated to developing triple A videogames.
WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Cinematics Designer to be responsible for creating compelling dialogue cut scenes inside the game engine, while collaborating with others team and departments. The ideal candidate should have a strong sense of composition, timing and editing as well as a good understanding of cinematography.
• Create compelling dialogue-based cut scenes with excellent camera, editing, pacing, timing and acting (using animation libraries).
• Communicate and work closely with scriptwriters and Level Designers to translate scripted scenes into cinematics and to balance story with gameplay.
• Must be able to follow and maintain pipelines and technical requirements.
• Must be able to balance quality with efficiency when working under tight deadlines.
• Validate the cinematics to ensure that the integrations did not cause any conflicts with the rest of the game.
• Share knowledge and collaborate with technical experts in order to improve the quality of the tools.
• Support the creation of animatic 2D via Storyboards. ( in premiere / Unreal 4 )
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
Work Experience Requirements
• College Diploma/Degree in cinema, animation, video game development or equivalent.
• Minimum 1-3 years experience working in the video games industry as a Cinematic Designer/Artist, Animator, Previz Artist, Camera Artist, Video Editor or any similar job.
• Experience with character and camera animation in 3D software (Maya – motion builder)
• Experience in video editing is a plus.
• Good knowledge of cinematography and acting.
• Good understanding of Video games cinematic pipeline. ( in-game, pre-render )
• Must be proactive and demonstrate a solid problems solving thinking process.
• Ability to work with experts outside of cinematic team.
• Must be flexible, team player and well organized.
• Unreal 4 experience is a plus.
• Motion capture experience / pipeline is a plus.