I. Job Summary | Major goals and objectives.
The Production Assistant’s main responsibilities include supporting producers on pre-production, production and post-production elements, including logistics for shoots, securing permissions as needed, setting up equipment, assisting on-set and asset management. The PA will also help develop story pitches, research ideas and participate in brainstorming meetings, as well as maintain and track production and deliverables documents. This role is for someone who is a creative, detailed-oriented, self-starter able to multi-task. Must have a passion for digital video. Studio and/or field experience a huge plus. Facility with Excel and PowerPoint a plus.
II. Essential Job Functions
• Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results
• Support producers in all aspects of production. Strong focus on production logistics, assisting on-set, research and element gathering.
• Meaningfully participate in creative brainstorms for new content and series, social media campaigns, and sponsorship initiatives. Maintain and track production and deliverables docs.
• Other duties as assigned by Sr. Producer and EP
III. Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, Communications, Film/TV or a related field is preferred.
• Minimum 1 years’ experience working as a production assistant, coordinator or similar in digital, TV or film. Must have basic editing skills, specifically in Premiere, Photoshop and Aftereffects. Basic camera skills, specifically with Canon DSLR and Sony mirrorless cameras, along with other equipment including wireless mics, booms and lighting. Experience with Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint a plus.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must have knowledge of online video and video production.
• Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented with coordination of daily and long-range series.
• Must be able to communicate effectively - verbally, in writing, and in person.
• Strong computer skills are required.
• Able to work well with team members in a creative, fast-paced environment.
• Ability to make quick decisions and problem solve without losing composure.
• Must be able to multitask and manage multiple projects and assignments simultaneously
• % Travel Required (Approximate):