We’re looking for a regionally-based, experienced sales professional to join our team as an Account Manager – Strategic West, where you’ll help us achieve maximum sales profitability, growth, and account penetration within a strategically defined market segment. In this role, you’ll proactively establish, develop and maintain effective business relationships with both existing and prospective customers to generate new business for our product suite. As an Account Manager – Strategic West, you’ll have a unique opportunity to hit the ground running, building a solid book of business and helping blaze trails in our enterprise space.
iCIMS extends a work culture unlike any other East Coast-based technology provider. We focus on hiring candidates who display our seven core competencies—passion, drive, transparency, adaptability, empathy, kaizen, and customer commitment. If you eat, sleep, and breathe our competencies and desire to work in a casual yet results-driven environment that embraces innovation—then you’re just what we’re looking for!
iCIMS is a high-growth Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company that’s voted one of the Best Places to Work in New Jersey. We are the industry's premier recruitment software provider – delivering technology that supports approximately 4,000 contracted customers around the globe. Committed to both growth and stability, we have a lot of opportunities for career advancement within our organization. Come grow with us.
• Targets companies within segment that prioritize winning the war for talent and attracting the best people to their organization.
• Drives new business and customer growth within assigned territory
• Builds and maintains relationships with customers at all levels, including senior leadership and C-suite, to assess needs and effectively link product value, features/benefits to those needs. Works internally to align appropriate team sell-approach.
• Follows well defined sales methodology to ensure prospects are a good fit for iCIMS’ long term.
• Understands big picture of iCIMS’ product suite and how it can fit into client organization. Closes deals while setting stage for additional product sales within organization.
• Ability to sell any of the iCIMS portfolio solutions dependent on customer’s maturity and specific needs based on thorough discovery and existing technology landscape.
• Presents and positions iCIMS’ products/services to prospective customers via on site visits. Represents the iCIMS organization with professionalism and integrity.
• Partners with iCIMS’ Sales Engineers and other subject matter experts to demonstrate product and service capabilities.
• Builds sales funnels through efforts including but not limited to client referrals, regional networking, webinars and cold calling.
• Follows-up and actions on new leads and referrals resulting from marketing and prospecting activity.
• Develops and maintains detailed product and marketplace understanding to help prospective customers make well informed buying decisions.
• Plans and organizes personal sales strategy by thoroughly understanding prospective customer’s business cycles and timing.
• Prepares presentations, demonstrations, investment summaries, and sales contracts.
• Closes deals of significant size, complexity and sales cycle length.
• Effectively builds and maintains partnerships with clients, prospects and people at all levels across the company. Contributes to team and company success.
• Consistently targets and closes deals of significant complexity while setting stage for additional product sales within organization.
• Effectively interfaces with multiple departments within client organization including C – Suite.
• Mentors and motivates other members of the AE team.
• Consistently ensures that business is conducted with integrity at all times and that behavior aligns with iCIMS’ core competencies, policies and procedures.
• Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• A minimum of 12 years of sales experience desirable, preferably in the HR / HCM space, Software, or Software-as-a-Service industry, but not essential.
• At least 5 years of Enterprise sales experience required.
• Superior knowledge of the practices and principles related to sales techniques.
• Skilled at closing deals that are more advanced in scope and size. Customers consistently have significant elements of complexity (i.e. decentralized or with multiple business units / brands, global presence).
• Adept at transferring knowledge and passion for sales to junior staff.
• Consistently applies strategic approach to deal crafting and relationship building.
• Proven track record in soliciting and closing B2B sales against a quota.
• Demonstrated effectiveness in new business development strategies and lead qualification.
• Ability to multi-task and handle multiple prospective clients and issues simultaneously.
• Proven ability to leverage established relationships and proven sales techniques for success.
• Ability to clearly present and effectively overcome objections.
• Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving.
• Able to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Computer literate; proficiency with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Articulates thoughts and ideas clearly, concisely, and persuasively with appropriate empathy.
• Ability to work effectively within a fast paced, changing environment that is going through high growth.
• A self-starter with the demonstrated ability to take initiative.
• Understands how to approach sales from a strategic perspective.
• Strong Results Orientation with a focus on closing long term sales cycles.
• Demonstrated customer service orientation. Creates and sustains ongoing forums that encourage two-way communication opportunities.
• Able to communicate with and influence multiples layers of organizations, including Senior Leadership. Through a constant presence, becomes aware of changes in a customer’s organization and alters sales plan accordingly.
• Effective at developing and maintaining client relationships at senior management (C– Suite) levels within Enterprise sized companies.
• Ability to travel up to 50%.