Conan O'Brien is TV's longest running late night host and one of the most successful, respected comedians in America. He's currently the host of CONAN on the TBS television network. An Emmy award winner, O'Brien began his career as a writer for Saturday Night Live and The Simpsons where he developed his original brand of comedy, living at the intersection of smart and silly, that has inspired a generation of comedians and writers who came after him. Named by Time magazine as one of the 100 most influential people in the world. Last year, O'Brien's digital company, "Team Coco," entered into a Joint Venture with TBS to create an omnichannel digital media company that both expands and diversifies Conan's fanbase and capitalizes on new business opportunities. These new initiatives include a successful touring and live events business, hilarious and effective branded digital content, and the world's top comedy podcast, Conan O'Brien Needs A Friend.
For Team Coco, its content is its core product, and the Assistant Editor will work directly with the Programming department to help shape and execute Team Coco's digital content strategy. The creation of the JV has meant an expansion of Team Coco's content activities across a variety of media including, but not limited to, digital/social distribution of linear content, podcasts, live events, comedy specials, and digital series. The Assistant Editor will work directly with the Senior Editor to help create and manage social media and digital content in support of all Team Coco projects. The Assistant Editor will report to the Senior Editor and work closely with colleagues in the programming and marketing departments.
Responsibilities (included, but not limited to):
• Assist in writing copy and creating assets (GIFs, Stickers, and social first video) for use on Team Coco's primary social media accounts.
• Manage and publish videos on Team Coco's YouTube channel.
• Manage calendar of social media holidays and stay informed with what's trending on the web.
• Mine teamcoco.com and the Conan25 archive for topical content that can be repurposed on social media.
• Assist in digital publishing using our custom content management system (record creation, scheduling, metadata entry, transcriptions etc.)
• Fact check and copy edit as-needed.
• Review user-generated content.
• Manage, process and archive digital assets.
• Participate in brainstorms for branded and original content.
• Help compile reports and analytics.
• Assist with occasional live social media coverage.
• 1-2 years in social media content creation and execution for a brand, preferably in entertainment industry.
• Excellent and professional verbal and written communication skills.
• Fluency in all social media platforms.
• Strong attention to detail with well-honed organizational skills.
• Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Premiere, and After Effects preferred.
• Willingness to work nights and/or weekends when necessary.
• Knowledge of basic HTML and content management systems.
• Video production skills: basic shooting and editing.