Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
We are looking for a Senior Application Developer with 5+ years of experience to join our New York Consumer Platforms and Engineering team. Our premiere Platform is the digital foundation of all Fox brands and their Web/Mobile/OTT properties. We love what we do and we’re looking for passionate, talented people to help us lead, grow and achieve our goals. Joining Fox Corp is a singular opportunity to be part of a highly successful, dynamic team that has transformed the way people get their information.
We are looking for a self-motivated Senior Application Developer to join the Fox family. As a senior application developer, you will engage in the development of highly available cloud-based services, including API services, back end frameworks, and administrative tools for Fox digital properties. You are an advocate for development best practices, have a passion to keep learning the latest technologies and create forward-thinking solutions. As a developer, you should have an open mind to development best practices, including TDD, Pair Programming, and CI/CD. Working along with our product management and product teams, our developer teams integrate into the full process of design and implementation.
A SNAPSHOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
• Utilize TDD to implement unit tests on new development, and implement E2E testing with automation in mind
• Optimize applications for maximum speed, scalability, and security
• Drive development of Node based API services, using serverless methodologies and decoupled architectures
• Participate in development of lambda based services, and create next-generation solutions using the latest frameworks and tools
• Maintain and build custom microservices to power enterprise Content Management System
• You have experience in Node, and are familiar with implementing middleware, custom routing and proxies
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Your passion for learning is contagious, and you look for opportunities to try new approaches or use new technology in order to solve unique problems
• You look to engage in agile software methodologies, including practices from XP and Lean into your daily behaviors. Unit tests are your way of life, not a nice-to-have.
• You enjoy engaging in conversation software design, and can communicate your ideas and concepts to other team members for collaboration and feedback
Experience with the technologies we use
• AWS: EC2, Lambda, RDS, Elasticsearch, Elasticache, S3, SQS, Kinesis
• PHP (or similar)
• MySQL, DynamoDB