With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Bros., Warner Classics and Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
A little bit about our team:
• Based in London, New York and LA, the WEA Release Management team is involved in the production of digital releases originating from the main US labels (WR, ATL, Rhino), UK labels (WR UK, ATL UK, Parlophone UK, East/West) and the 3rd party distributed labels (ADA US and ADA UK). It is also home to the Central Scheduling Team who set up all releases from wholly owned labels outside of the repertoire owners domestic market.
• The role sits within the London based Central Scheduling team where you will be working in an ever changing, fast paced environment to help the team set up and schedule hundreds of products every week from all our labels around the world.
• Why this could be your next big break:
• This is a great opportunity to learn about the mechanics of a major record company’s supply chain and play a crucial role in the international roll out of all our releases. Our team is unique for the work we do in that you’ll be in regular contact with people from labels all over the world who rely on us to set up their releases for international markets which means at times the role can be very demanding but ultimately very rewarding.
Here you’ll get to:
• Assist the Release Management Manager in the Weekly Central Scheduling Process. This will include:
• Providing Assistance for coordination of international scheduling for Rhino US & UK releases outside of the domestic market.
• Carry out the scheduling of affiliate content (ex. US & UK) internationally and assisting with any queries from domestic teams in terms of product set up.
• Be responsible for sourcing, communicating and scheduling additional mobile and video content that have previously not been communicated to the team on a weekly basis.
• Lead the configuration and implementation of multi-terriotry pricing campaigns as requested by the international commercial team. Also support markets with any local campaigns they need assistance with.
• Assist the collating and uploading of release schedules to help produce the Global Release Schedule.
• Responsibility for D2C scheduling of Non-UK repertoire and assist with operational issues.
• Provide support and assistance to affiliate operational teams with any issues they have in setting up their local releases
• Help the team with any other ad-hoc activities and projects as they arise. E.g. revenue generation projects, system development projects and cross departmental projects.
• You have strong Excel skills (ideally to an advanced level) and are open and inquisitive in learning new technologies and processes. Much of what we do is based on utilizing bespoke systems to release our products in a very coordinated way.
• You are able to demonstrate excellent multitasking, organization and time management skills with an ability to prioritize within the workload and meet deadlines
• You need exceptional attention to detail and analytical skills. We want people who are naturally curious and who triple-check their work to ensure it is right.
• You thrive under-pressure. The stakes are high in this particular role and we need someone who is calm, composed and meticulous with the ability to maintain focus and accuracy in a fast moving environment
• Great interpersonal and communications skills who thrives in an inclusive environment
• Most importantly, have a love for music including a keen interest in the digital music industry in particular distribution and supply chain elements .You don’t have to be a musician but we want someone who would feel gratified in knowing that they are contributing to the overall cause.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Previous experience of working within digital supply chains
• A good collaborative attitude is a big thing to us. We work closely within our own team and with other teams. So we are looking for someone who gets along easily with people and is a good teammate.
• A university degree (or equivalent) in any relevant field