With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Bros., Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Job Title: International Royalty Income Analyst - Warner Chappell Music Limited
A little bit about our team:
The International Royalty Income Team sits within the Administration department of Warner Chappell Music, reporting to the International Royalty Processing Manager. The team’s role of managing and reconciling the royalty processing of the European territories’ income is integral to the business. This involves working closely with the Royalties, Finance and Copyright teams in both the UK and in other European offices to ensure all income is processed and reconciled in a timely manner to meet our contractual obligations to our clients.
Why this could be your next big break:
We are Warner Chappell Music. Where songwriters are heard. As an International Royalty Income Analyst, alongside the 3 other Analysts in the team you will be working with excel spreadsheets, dealing with a variety of data file formats, getting this data into our Tango system, performing reconciliations to demonstrate accuracy, sharing in team meetings, frequently communicating with the European teams via email and Skype calls and reporting back to your manager and to the rest of the business. You will be proud of your responsibility for the accurate accounting of royalties to our songwriters.
Here you’ll get to:
• You will receive monthly cash receipt details from our Affiliate offices, along with the accompanying royalty statements and (sometimes huge!) data files from societies and 3rd parties.
• You will build effective working relationships with Heads of Admin of these European territories.
• You will review and analyse the statement and data files received.
• You will create excel files for processing where needed, manually calculating royalty income where required.
• You will load and process the royalty income into our Tango system.
• You will match the income to the correct works on Tango to guarantee money hits our songwriters’ royalty statements.
• You will reconcile the income processed on a monthly and half yearly basis.
• You will work with the team to reduce the value of income going into Suspense by conducting thorough research.
• You will offer support to the International Royalty Processing Manager on issues that arise and projects as necessary.
• You have brilliant interpersonal skills and are confident in communicating with your colleagues.
• You have excellent mathematical and analytical skills.
• You have excellent technical skills in excel and in data manipulation.
• You have excellent organisational and time management skills.
• You have a proactive, flexible attitude and a willingness to learn.
• You have the drive to work as part of a successful team.
• You have a passion for music.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Experience of working in a busy office environment.
• A good understanding/have the experience of the workings of a Music Publisher or a Collection Society.
• A background in Finance either through work experience or formal qualifications.