NBCUniversal is seeking a GMO, Business Operations Analyst to join the Commercial Strategy team with Global Media Operations (GMO). GMO is the technical operation within NBCU responsible for managing, preparing, and delivering all of NBCU’s content for global distribution and consumption.
The GMO, Business Operations Analyst is an integral member of the Commercial Strategy Team and will be responsible for optimizing business opportunities by identifying customer needs, through competitive intelligence analysis and by helping develop a sales operation plan for growth.
Reporting directly and engaging with Vice President of Commercial Strategy, to establish standards for key commercial processes in GMO (such as communication, preparation and bid approvals).
This role will enforce the established standards and rhythm for projects, executive communication, strategy and business development functions, and will partner with teams within the GMO to identify and grow all viable opportunities.
You will work closely with the leadership team to understand and interpret commercial needs and how to implement business development rhythms, enable process improvements, map out standards for reporting, and will monitor the health of the external pipeline of opportunities.
• Support Commercial Strategy to carry out business growth initiatives that encompass all functional groups within GMO.
• Partner with and develop strong stakeholder relationships with GMO business leaders - this includes working closely with business units and facilitating cross functional team support.
• Own the communication rhythm for the various vertical teams, in preparation for external commercial meetings
• Participate in the development and ongoing execution of external project management methodologies, processes and practices.
• Implement standards, tracking, and guidance for the management and planning including but not limited to Salesforce.com and GMO Now.
• Assist in the preparation of executive level communications, including commercial reviews and status updates.
• Work as the liaison with the business verticals to develop cadence, KPIs and control processes
• Responsible for tracking and analyzing reports to determine where improvements can be made commercially
• Partner closely with the GMO analytics team to develop metrics and standards based on operational needs
• Bachelor’s degree in Technology/Business Administration or equivalent work experience. Communications minor/focus is a plus
• Experience in Project Management with delivery accountability
• Quality and Process Improvement (i.e Six Sigma/Lean)
• Experience in a Business Development
• Experience with strong cross-functional team leadership; must be able to articulate technical concepts and solutions to both a deeply technical and non-technical audience
• Experience successfully communicating with senior management, both verbally and in writing
• Excellent interpersonal skills; able to communicate effectively in high-pressure situations
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook, MS Project, and dashboarding tools like Tableau or PowerBI
Additional Job Requirements
• Must apply via nbcunicareers.com in order to be considered (note Job# )
• Must be able to work in Los Angeles, CA
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Experience in US Media & Entertainment operations environment preferred
• Experience in broadcast, asset management systems and digital workflows for video
• Strong technical, quantitative, analytical, organization, research, problem solving and presentation skills
• Ability to lead and present program information in face-to-face presentations to varied audiences; including executive management
• Strong team-building and customer relations skills
• Able to build and present PowerPoint presentations to effectively communicate a message in a concise and clear manner
• Self starter with the ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously and communicate effectively with all stakeholders
• Metrics & data driven, understands that strong data drives behaviors