One moment please...
back to search results
Managing Web Editor
We are looking for a skilled Managing Editor to oversee our company’s digital content operations in McAllen, Laredo and Corpus Christi. You will be reporting to the Regional News Director and supervise, write, edit and create content for all digital platforms. We are seeking a strong leader who is aggressive, competitive and creative. A managing editor combines the innovativeness of an online writer, editor producer with the practical focus of an operations manager. You will be working closely with our reporters and anchors to help strengthen our website and social media platforms along with their online presence. We expect excellent organizational and leaderships skills as well as unique problem-solving ability.
• Essential Functions
• Plan and manage all digital operations daily
• Coach and supervise personnel for online platforms
• Collaborate with the Regional News Director to determine issues’ content and topics (planning and storytelling)
• Coordinate editorial publications on social media sites and our website
• Oversee proofreading procedures and edit copy to publish articles and social media posts online
• Assist in evaluating finalized copy for compliance with policies, style and tone
• Make decisions on breaking stories to place the stations in a position to be the go to authority for breaking news online
• Work closely with reporters and anchors to enhance their online presence as influencers and refine their professional skills online
• Resolve issues as they arise
• Attend events on behalf of the company as our digital reporter to help enhance coverage as needed
• Other duties as assigned
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a Full Time position. Actual hours and schedule may vary. Reports directly to News Director
Required Education and Experience
• Proven experience as an online managing editor or relevant role
• Exceptional ability in copywriting and editing for online platforms
• Proficiency in Spanish and English
• Working knowledge of online platforms like “Word Press” and SEO concepts
• Abilities in planning and coordinating people and operations
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills
• Outstanding communication and people abilities
• Reliability and efficiency
• Attention to detail is a must
• Must be able to work with a high degree of accuracy and have the ability to solve problems quickly
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
• BSc/BA in journalism or relevant field is preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To Apply Visit https://entravision.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=1&id=947
Entravision Communications Corporation participates in the E-Verify system operated by the US Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration and will use E-Verify to confirm work eligibility for all new hire employees.
Entravision Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
back to search results
Entertainment Jobs in The Sports Industry
Search Jobs in TV, Radio, Film, Live Events and More
Want More Jobs Like This?
We love helping you with your job search -- we make it even easier by delivering the best jobs to your inbox.
Configure Job Alerts
A Few Related Jobs
Politics NOW digital editor
Editor, Tech - Underscored
Associate Editor, RealSimple.com
Assistant Assignment Editor
News Assignment Editor (Temporary)
Traffic Sales Scheduling Editor
Managing Editor - Electronics
Senior News Editor
News Assignment Desk Editor
News Video Editor
Senior Editor, Business Digital
We're Working For You!
Instead of spending massive amounts of time and energy searching through catch-all job sites or bookmarking hundreds of employer career pages and visiting them daily - instead of doing all the tedious work yourself, we do it for you.
Our staff is hard at work finding jobs from every entertainment employer and putting it all in one place, so you don't have to.
Weï¿½re the best at what we do and we'll prove it.
Your satisfaction is guaranteed.
When you're ready to put your job search into high gear,
upgrade your account
and get full access to every entertainment job right now. While you're focused on getting the right job, weï¿½ll make sure you don't miss any!
Career Advice Blog
© 2012-2020 Work In Entertainment, LLC.