The Jackson Sun, JacksonSun.com, in Jackson, TN is seeking a Visual Journalist to create compelling multimedia journalism at this USA TODAY Network daily newspaper and website. The Visual Journalist produces photographs for online and print, photo galleries/slideshows, videos, and writes articles for publication, working as part of the statewide USA TODAY Network-Tennessee visuals team.
Typical job duties:
• Creates visual storytelling that accurately informs, entertains and engages specific audiences and platforms, determined through the use of digital metrics.
• Connects with the community through visual storytelling and outreach, in person and online.
• Collaborates with reporters to provide the best possible visual elements for key stories.
• Coaches and mentors non-visual reporters in photography and multimedia skills.
• Works with news director, visuals coach and audience analyst to evaluate what's working and what's not, and develops ongoing plans to better satisfy audience needs.
• Promotes personal brand, the brands of colleagues and the institutional brand.
• Provides great customer service, helping readers find answers and solutions.
• Bachelor's in Communications, Journalism or equivalent in experience and education.
• Experience with professional photography on multiple platforms.
• Experience building a personal brand on key social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter).
• Employment is contingent on passing a pre-employment, post-offer background check and drug screen.
When applying, please include a single document with as much of the following as possible: a brief cover letter explaining your interest and fit for the position, your updated resume, and portfolio/clips/links to a few samples of your work. It’s important that these items be assembled into a single document, preferably in PDF format. The application will only allow one document upload. Completing these steps will ensure that you receive the highest consideration.