The Crewing Manager is responsible for crewing, booking and coordinating services for all NBC Sports Washington remote sports productions/games, both home and away broadcasts. The list of services includes, but not limited to production services, scheduling and travel responsibilities.
• Manage payroll through NBC Sports payroll system “SCORE”. This involves entering and adjusting any timecards for all events by researching work history and verifying with both the finance and payroll departments.
• Manage the “master crew sheets for all events with “confirmed” emails from freelance employees for home and visiting broadcast for NHL & NBA games.
• Emailing event crew with accurate crew reminders of each event, home and visiting truck crew list, sign-in crew sheets
• Create and update all sign-in/crew sheets for home and away NHL & NBA events
• Manage new freelance hire process/onboarding process
• Manage “Concur” expense process Billing
• Receive & review sign-off forms from home and visiting trucks events
• Other billing for events other than NHL/NBA (i.e WWE, BB&T Classic)
• Update Crew Calendar on Website, attach sign-in sheets per events, and website updating
• Booking travel (air, train) and hotel accommodations for freelances
• Assist Executive Producer for Remote events as needed
• Must be willing and able to work weekends, including handling any crewing changes to events when it applies.
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, and the aptitude to communicate with all levels.
• Live events experience is helpful.
• The ability to remain calm under pressure, and the capability to be flexible is vital.
• Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) is required.
• Must have strong multitasking skills with attention to detail, accuracy, and excellent follow up.
• Primarily working with the Executive Producer of Remote events in a production environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in Television, Communications, Broadcast Journalism, or related field desired but nor required.
• 3+ years in production operations desired.
• Effective organizational office management skills
• Ability to handle demands and work in high paced environment.
• Strong work ethic, positive attitude and leadership qualities
• Set priorities a must