DesignIQ, part of the USA Today network, is a full-service design group, specializing in pre-media services ranging from high-revenue campaigns to imaging and ad production services. We have a passion for keeping up on design trends and creating effective, eye-catching advertisements.
We are looking for an Assistant Manager to provide oversight of the daily operations for market teams. Collaborate with Ad Operations Manager to ensure customer quality, accuracy and service goals are achieved. This position oversees a team of Coaches and is responsible for staffing levels including hiring, performance management, employee relations, and employee development to ensure an efficient operation while promoting continuous improvement.
In this role, you will:
• Be responsible for day-to-day management, development and mentoring of Coaches.
• Be responsible for performance management to ensure meeting deadlines and achieving department quality, accuracy and customer service standards. Managing and holding Coaches accountable for meeting customer Service Level Agreement (SLA) goals while meeting budget goals set by designIQ leadership.
• Be responsible for recruiting, hiring, employee development, employee relations, workflow including staffing levels and overtime schedules.
• Identify opportunities to develop and implement continuous improvement strategies through collaboration with learning and development manager to find business efficiencies
• Collaborate with Creative Operations Manager, Learning and Development Manager, Custom Creative Manager, and Experience Manager to promote, guide and implement ideas and solutions to ensure that customer standards are achieved.
• Handle all other essential tasks as assigned.
Here’s what you need:
• Experience in Publishing or Graphic Arts industry is necessary.
• Proven leadership skills in coaching and/or mentoring to ensure continuous staff development required.
• Above average written and verbal communication skills, time management and organizational skills required and the ability to multi-task in a deadline driven and a rapidly changing environment.
• Experience in applying innovative and creative thinking in a continuous improvement environment.
What we Offer:
As a part of the USA Today Network, the nation's largest media and marketing solutions company, we offer a dynamic, community-focused environment where individuals are rewarded for exceptional performance. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including health care, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid vacation time, personal and sick leave, and tuition reimbursement.