Are you a seasoned B2B sales leader with a successful track record of closing large, complex multinational deals? Do you have SaaS or HR/HCM selling experience? We’re looking for a strong negotiator with superior executive presence to join our team as Vice President of Strategic Sales, where you’ll drive the execution of our sales efforts for both new and existing accounts in the Strategic segment (15,000+ employees) to achieve revenue growth targets. In this role, you’ll oversee two Regional Vice Presidents responsible for managing Strategic Account Executives within their assigned territories, as well as our Strategic Account Development function. You’ll be responsible for reporting results to senior leadership on a monthly and quarterly cadence, as well as forecasting and identifying potential risk. This is a unique opportunity for someone looking to impact product direction and help us accelerate the next phase of our company’s growth. If you’re a passionate people manager with high drive and strong operational experience, we’re ready for you to come on board.
The Vice President, Strategic Sales will report to the Senior Vice President, Sales.
iCIMS is a high-growth Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company headquartered in Holmdel, NJ. Eight-times voted a Best Place to Work by NJBIZ and #16 on Glassdoor’s 2019 Best Places to Work list, we are the industry’s #1 recruitment software provider, delivering technology that supports approximately 4,000 contracted customers around the globe. Dedicated to maintaining an inclusive, inspirational and innovative work environment, and committed to our consistent growth, we have a wide range of opportunity for career advancement within our organization. Come grow with us—apply today!
• Drives and enables the execution of the Sales vision, strategies, processes, and metrics necessary to hit and exceed revenue targets and objectives for the strategic segment in alignment with the iCIMS’ strategic plans.
• Effectively communicates Strategic segment sales strategy inter-departmentally. Communicates sales plans and quotas, processes, and forecasting/performance metrics across all levels of the organization.
• Evaluates and advises direct reports on the impact of account planning to execute and drive on growth and retention processes, providing accurate, short and long-range forecasts; planning of new programs & strategies by account and consistently exceeding team quota and metrics.
• Collaborates with Demand Generation Team to ensure that leads and resulting opportunities are appropriate, actionable, and reported accurately.
• Partners with Sales Operations & Finance to analyze Strategic Sales Analytics that inform the success of the Strategic segment strategies
• Maintains a working knowledge of TA best practices, industry trends and competitive intelligence and ensures team understanding of such to enable informed discussions with key customer stakeholders.
• Oversees the management of key customer relationships within the segment to foster customer advocates and help close strategic sales opportunities.
• Engage in key customer negotiations as appropriate, while leveraging managers effectively to achieve desired outcomes.
• Professes value of product and ensures that teams operate within confines of company pricing approach
• Identifies resource needs and develops business cases for the changes required to support business growth.
• Conveys the Voice of the prospect and customer to internal stakeholders to appropriately influence product road map and product/market fit.
• Champions the Sales curriculum framework (Vista Value Selling) and partners with Talent Development to implement sales training to support on-boarding and development of the Strategic sales team.
• Leads and inspires the Strategic Sales leaders and staff (comprised of RVPs, Account Executives, Account Development Manager & staff), modeling team and leadership behaviors, to achieve goals and to advocate for our customers through open, honest, and transparent communication.
• Manages team members’ performance including formal reviews, establishing department and individual goals and individual assessments to further company goals.
• Ensures a fun, dynamic work environment & builds merit-based culture which appeals to the top talent
• Builds and maintains highly effective and collaborative cross-departmental relationships/with other senior leaders (Marketing, Sales Engineering, Product) to achieve companywide goals.
• Partners with Talent team to effectively serve as a change agent as appropriate.
• Consistently ensures that business is conducted with integrity at all times and that behavior aligns with iCIMS’ core competencies, policies and procedures.
• Proactively identify and address opportunities to improve the performance, process, people of the Strategic teams – prospect, account development and account management.
• Reports on team metrics and results to department leadership and stakeholders.
• Holds management accountable for agreed weekly/monthly metrics and deliverables.
• Makes recommendations for organizational improvements and proactively plans for, organizes and delivers well thought out and executed change management programs.
• A Minimum 8 years of B2B sales experience spanning prospect sales and account management, preferably in the HR / HCM space and/or Software / Software-as-a-Service industry with primary customer base in Fortune 1000.
• A minimum of 3 years of management experience in managing seasoned people
• Successful execution of complex sales cycles with CxOs via consistent Selling methodology (i.e. Value Selling, Miller Heiman)
• Track record of disciplined execution that creates cross-functional alignment and delivers predictable outcomes under the pressure of a monthly sales cadence.
• Experience managing key customer relationships, executing major negotiations, and closing strategic opportunities.
• Experience navigating various personas (CHRO, CIO, CTO, HR Ops Leaders, TA Leaders )/ influencers in the buying process throughout the organizations up through the C-level.
• Ability to develop sales forecasts and manage reporting analytics.
• Successful experience leveraging Salesforce.com or other CRM to develop insights, manage team sales tasks, pipeline, and closing data.
• Experience leading both direct and indirect sales teams, preferably in enterprise (consultative) sales environments required.
• Ability to motivate, effectively coach and challenge a seasoned and growing sales team and their leadership.
• Exceptional listening and interpersonal skills with a high degree of approachability. Must possess the ability to work seamlessly in a team-oriented environment.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal), with the proven ability to effectively translate complex ideas and tailor key messages to multiple audiences
• Learn-it-all vs know it all with strong intellectual curiosity to develop and embrace new best practices and build a “learning” culture.
• Combines competitiveness with empathy, along with a high-level of personal and professional integrity.
• BS/BA degree desired; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Travel: 50%+.