WB Technology combines Warner Bros.’ industry-leading technologists and disciplines to ensure global alignment with business strategy and accelerated delivery of innovative technology solutions studio- and industry-wide. From pre-production through archiving, the WBT organization will provide critical business and technology intelligence and services to all Studio business units. WBT manages the Studio’s enterprise systems and solutions, emerging platforms, information security, consumer intelligence, content mastering and delivery, and more.
Posting Job Description
What part will you play?
Warner Bros. Technical Operations Inc. seeks a Specialist, Theatrical Features for the Content Technology & Ops department. This position is part of a high functioning global team responsible primarily for localizing and distributing Warner Bros. feature content, including content for some of the biggest franchises in the world; J.K. Rowling’s Wizarding World and the DC Universe. The global localization group covers features, television, games, AR/VR, and short form content as well as marketing materials.
A Theatrical Feature Specialist is responsible for the localizing and distribution of content specifically for theatrical audiences in the Latin American and Asia region. The role requires a strong understanding of different content types, release windows and stakeholder requirements. They are responsible for liaising with stakeholders, advanced planning, forecasting, meeting deadlines and quality assurance. Collaborating and coordinating across production teams, dubbing and subtitling studios, local WB offices and management to ensure all projects are completed to meet the high expectations of our audiences, stakeholders and Warner Bros. leadership.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders, providing expertise and support, communicating clearly and quickly on all day to day operational activities. Maintain relationships and act as the main point of contact for stakeholders, vendors and WB Localization management.
• Coordinate activities across WB Technology, localization groups, Legal, Finance, Anti-piracy, WB local offices and localization vendors.
• Providing clear creative direction to localization teams.
• Report regularly on project statuses, creative choices and budgeting.
• Assists with planning and implementation of feature localization, mastering and distribution for LATAM and Asia content. Includes, but not limited to:
• Liaising with allocated territories to establish their theatrical feature plan and requirements including downstream deliverables and Disability Access Versions.
• Planning and placing DCP (Digital Cinema Package) orders with appropriate Digital Cinema Lab. Create and maintain purchase orders to vendors to start work requested and reconcile POs when required.
• Subtitle translation scheduling with local territories – establishing territory: preferred translator, approved main title, subtitle translation deadline dates alongside the digital schedule for mastering and cloning in time for territory requirements.
• Knowledge of territory sensitivities for censorship purposes. Highlighting potential problem areas in features, establishing solutions for audio and picture censorship edits, capturing EDL for internal and external purpose and usage theatrically and WB Home Entertainment downstream.
• IP research and glossary management, ensuring consistency across brands and products. Establish fanciful terms from books, TV series, films, internal for WB franchise titles. Instruct vendor, translators and territories of terms to be entered into glossary database, deadline dates, purpose of request and ensuring quality is upheld for use across business unit and third-party use.
• Ensure dubbing, subtitling mastering quality and compliance of instructions is achieved via strong quality assurance processes and standards.
• Ensure technical quality and compliance in terms of formats, standards and efficiencies with specific regards to digital cinema.
• KDM’s – Issuing keys to cinemas to unlock encrypted content for preview and release screenings.
• Participate, contribute, and produce Reports from WB Tech Ops in-house database systems.
• Maintaining and updating the local distribution methods are in keeping with latest technology developments for theatrical and archived for the future.
• Identify opportunity areas and work with leadership and internal stakeholders to make recommendations and implement process improvements; including new technologies and industry best practices.
What do we require from you?
• College preferred, with emphasis on language translation, film or related area, or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in theatrical mastering, localization and/or content servicing. Expert level knowledge of localization processes.
• Project management experience.
• Exceptional English language skills. Additional language skills preferred.
• Good understanding of content distribution models & theatrical release windows.
• Some understanding of feature production delivery schedules and the legal business models that underpin them.
• Some experience with project management systems.
• Ambition and courage to explore new ideas, develop innovative solutions, and work efficiently.
• Strong organizational and multitasking skills and the ability to handle pressure and be efficient when delivering to tight deadlines.
• Willingness to collaborate and share their expertise to promote the growth of the team.
But Wait, There's More!
At WBT we look for members who want to:
• Be Curious: Seek out opportunities to learn, and who aren’t afraid to ask questions.
• Own It: Be the driver, and take accountability.
• Embrace Change: The technology landscape is ever changing – we’re looking for people who are ready to change along with it.
• Be Courageous: We aren’t afraid to speak up, have honest conversations, and do what’s right.
• Respect: Show empathy and respect to all, and operate with the best intentions.
• Live the #WBLife: At WBT we look for team members who want to “Contribute to Our Community".