The CNN Digital Productions team is a group of multitalented, passionate producers dedicated to telling impactful stories. We produce premium digital video series and shows with an emphasis on OTT off-platform. These are stories for the modern news consumer, wherever they experience news, inspiring and engaging the largest global digital audience in news today. The Job "Go There" is a single topic daily news show built for the next generation of news junkies. The show will air on the Facebook Watch platform and feature CNN's talent from around the globe. The program will be an innovation lab of sorts, allowing our producers and reporters to experiment with different styles, formats, and tools to engage the audience - all with mobile viewership in mind.
What will you be doing?
• Associate Producers for "Go There" will be working in a pressure-driven environment to produce a daily 10-minute news show for the Facebook Watch platform
• Associate Producers will help find compelling web video and pitch content to the editorial team
• They will be working in collaboration with senior producers, the social media team, assignment editors, and CNN correspondents from all over the world
• With exclusive content from the field and news-making interviews, we'll drive meaningful social conversation to the Facebook audience. From politics and the environment to identity and distinctive commentary, we'll discuss, interview and highlight the cultural, political and economic challenges impacting our lives
• Assist producers and senior producers with creative, content, and production
• Assist with scheduling and coordination among team members
• Research and screen materials, and review compliance with legal and standards requirements
• Participate in editing of final product whenever needed
• Coordinate with outside resources selected by producers
• Local field production possible.
What do we need from you?
• Ideal candidates will have 1-3 years of experience working in a news production environment
• Strong editorial judgement and awareness of competitor reach
• Strong writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Basic editing skills preferred
• Ability to collaborate with others in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Ability to find new and engaging ways of presenting information
• A curiosity and drive to locate the most compelling video and photo content for segments
• Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience
• Social experience a plus