Title: Broadcast News Producer
Reports To: News Director
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KFDA-TV NewsChannel 10 is the #1 rated television station and CBS affiliate in Amarillo, Texas. We serve an audience of 250,000 people across more than 30 counties in the Texas Panhandle, as well as parts of Oklahoma and New Mexico. We offer live news and other programming on three analog channels and are always expanding our digital reach with dotcom, mobile apps and social media.
Our producers are responsible for the delivery of local, regional or national news scripts and video content to our market-leading newscasts. The successful candidate must be a strong writer with excellent time management skills and attention to detail. This person must also be creative and have the ability to present the news in a unique, interesting, and informative manner. These “behind-the-scenes” journalists work as a team under the direction of content managers to ensure the success of their daily tasks. Candidates should be able to write in AP-style and copy edit other newsroom employees’ stories. Producers have the daily responsibility of maintaining NewsChannel 10’s standards for journalism and storytelling in their work, as well as monitoring NewsChannel 10 talent social media pages to ensure they follow these standards as well.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Gather information for stories through viewer messages and local social media pages
• Write daily stories for newscasts using AP-style writing
• Manage newscast times, live shots and content
• Copy-edit web story submissions from reporters and other newsroom personnel
• Work alongside digital team to insure information is moving across all platforms quickly and accurately
• Ensure that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
• Excellent in written and verbal communication
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Must be able to use social media to drive users to station products.
• Ability to work effectively within a team and interact with all personnel within the organization
If interested you can apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.