Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
The Director of Creative Services is responsible for directing and executing the overall creative “look and feel” of the channels across the company and on all platforms. This includes on-air promotion and packaging of the channel, marketing content and materials standards. The director will be responsible for effective workflow, productivity, technical quality and creative output for the On-Air Promotions (OAP) team. This position is the point of contact between programming, marketing, ad sales and distribution. This position is both creative and strategic and works closely with network executives to develop brand strategy, launch content and create brand identity and packaging.
• Oversees the development of creative concepts for all on-air creative and off-air promotional content for the channel, including creative briefs for all on-air projects
• Solicits, evaluates, recommends and helps select third party resources (e.g., agencies, designers, writers etc.) as needed for creative concept development and production
• Manage the creative direction of all on-air creative and off-air branded promotional video for the networks
• Provide overall creative leadership of on-air promotion and branding with the goals of establishing ratings, revenue and brand awareness consistent with the channels brand guidelines
• Manage the On-Air Promotion team and maintain an effective workflow and effective timelines per project
• Supervise production of on-air/video materials for Marketing, Ad Sales and Distribution
• Point of contact with the uplink facility relating to all on-air promotions
• Ensure that marketing initiatives are executed in a manner that furthers the brand and communicates network’s positioning and tone
• Experienced television professional with a minimum of 5 years creative experience in broadcast and/or cable on-air production
• Comprehensive understanding of production and/or post production operations
• Experienced script writing/review and the workflow process
• Experienced in overseeing and managing a team and providing clear directions
• Must be highly collegial and experienced at collaborating with a number of different stakeholders
• Possess great leadership, motivational and communication skills
• A self-starter with a “roll-up-your-sleeves” mentality
• Balance multiple projects and meet necessary deadlines with limited supervision
• Creative thinker with the ability to understand the needs of the business
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!