The Character Generator controls all graphical information on the video board, from messages, to welcome graphics, to sponsorships. This position generally has the most pre-production time allotted to it due to the heavy workload of the position. The operator meets with director and goes over every graphic element, aspect of the script, is responsible for the creation and display graphics throughout the stadium and/or arena.
• Operate CG computer (Ross Xpression, Avid Deko 3000) interface to play graphics during event
• Create sponsor elements, sales and event related messages as requested, build and playback graphic sequence based on the show/event script provided by the show producer.
• Import file based graphics, templates and fonts into the CG computer.
• A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency
• A minimum of 1-2 years of related work experience
• General computer knowledge and operation
• Ability to successfully handle multiple priorities and projects
• Must be a very organized person able to handle many jobs and pressure
• Must have a flexible schedule, with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays when necessary.
• Must work well in a team environment.
• The ability to demonstrate dependability and reliability by being punctual, working assigned and varying shifts, and completing responsibilities in a timely manner are required.
• Must have the ability to stand, sit, crouch, and bend throughout the course of daily activities.
• Ability to work in various climates based on the environment.
• Must have the ability to stand or sit in one location for a minimum of four hours at a time.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
• Must have software/program experience (on the CG computer that's being used at the stadium or arena).
• Experience with digital playback systems a plus
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.