WCMH-TV, the NBC affiliate in Columbus, Ohio, one of the great cities in America, DMA #34, seeks a multi-skilled journalist to join our top-notch web team as a digital sports reporter and general assignment digital MMJ/producer.
Home of The Ohio State University Buckeyes! Columbus is a sports town, and NBC4i.com is upping our game when it comes to our digital coverage of Ohio State, Columbus Blue Jackets, the Columbus Crew SC, NFL, and high school sports.
Applicants should be digitally focused but have interest in appearing on-camera for web-exclusive content. Strong writing and game analysis skills are a must.
Applicants for this position should be well versed in writing for web regardless of subject matter, social media, live video streaming, and have a deep knowledge of Ohio sports teams.
This is not a 9-5 job, and will require flexibility and news writing skills to fill-in as a general assignment digital content producer when needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for producing sports news and special content for NBC4’s digital platforms
• Requires excellent social media skills and knowledge of top platforms to drive engagement and generate traffic
• Applicants need strong editorial judgement for news and sports, excellent writing skills, photography and nonlinear editing skills for the mobile-first digital world
• Skilled storyteller capable of producing enterprise original content live online and on air
• Pitch local sports and news story ideas with viral potential
• Operate TV and digital equipment (DSLR, TV cameras, iPhone X, iMovie, Adobe Premiere, audio and lighting equipment)
• Create, write and publish original content for nbc4i.com, the NBC4 News app and the NBC4 social media platforms
• Curate unique digital content for nbc4i.com/Buckeyes
• Generate high school sports content for digital, social and broadcast
• Fill in as general assignment web content producer as needed
• Shoot, write scripts, edit stories and may be asked to report stories on-air