Location: Wrights Lane - London
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
A little bit about our team:
WMG's Digital Strategy & Business Development team is responsible for leading the global deal negotiations with digital service providers on behalf of Warner Music Group. We strike deals with global distribution platforms in hopes of finding and growing audiences, growing monetization, and creating value for our labels and artists. This is a crucial role that would make a strong impact by supporting these initiatives.
In this role, you will combine your analytical skills and industry knowledge to support our ongoing partnership and deal negotiations. The ideal candidate would be passionate about understanding the intersection of content, technological innovation, and consumer behavior that drives our industry.
Why this could be your next big break:
You will have responsibility for business development and digital strategy within the EMEA region, working with global and regional digital service providers to drive revenue growth for WMG. You will provide evaluation and analysis of new and emerging markets and services to ensure strong commercial partnerships and revenue growth are delivered.
Here you’ll get to:
• Develop WMG digital revenues within the EMEA region. Source, evaluate and close new business opportunities with both new and existing digital music services.
• Identification of emerging technologies, trends and licensing opportunities that will contribute to the Company's digital strategy and revenues.
• Support Global Business Development team on global deal negotiations with financial analysis and strategic input.
• Ensure regional and global partnerships are activated and optimized within EMEA.
• Act as a central resource for WMG international offices, providing information, strategic insights, deal support and expertise as required.
• Management of specific WMG digital service provider accounts; delivering account performance, development and revenue growth.
• Regular analysis and performance tracking of WMG digital partners, markets and business models.
• Undergraduate degree required.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in private equity, management consulting or a media/digital technology in a business development capacity;
• Strong negotiator with great business acumen and strategic thinking;
• Excellent problem-solving, analytical and communication skills; resourceful, pragmatic, organised and efficient;
• A self-starter with experience working with local and world-wide colleagues, presenting to executives, and quantifying business opportunities.
• Ability to use internal and external resources and tools to identify key metrics, prepare reports, and extract meaningful data on trends and changing user behaviours.
• Passion for music, digital media and innovation.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• MBA from a top-tier program preferred but not required;