Location: Wrights Lane - London
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Bros., Warner Classics and Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
A little bit about our team:
ADA UK is the award-winning Label Service division of Warner Music, providing various skills & services that help our partners get their music out to more fans. ADA is a passionate, dedicated, committed & inventive team of music lovers with a strong team culture who go the extra mile and thrive in helping our independent labels & artists achieve success. The Director of Label Relations is a pivotal role in maintaining relationships, contributing to strategy & helping the department achieve success on behalf of our clients.
Why this could be your next big break:
The role is responsible for supervising the day to day activities of the label management department and helping achieve maximum commercial success whilst performing key label management responsibilities and providing guidance and advice in a supervisory capacity. Working with the General Manager, you will identify priorities for the business, take responsibility for delivering the commercial expectation and work with the label management team to provide the highest standards of service. You will understand all formats and commercial platforms with particular regard to the opportunity around streaming and possess an entrepreneurial outlook for the business and our partners. You will have a proven track record of marketing to the highest standards & use these skills to deliver the best plans for our partners & and share your experience to benefit the team.
Here you’ll get to:
• Work with an award winning team, providing managerial guidance for the label management department on day to day issues and implementing best practice
• Initiate and lead creative, thorough sales and marketing campaigns for a roster of key distributed labels & artist partners in the UK
• Work with the senior team to develop our streaming strategy, formulating & implementing new approaches with the team & our business partners
• Participate in the financial management of the department, working with the label management team on sales projections and contributing to budget and forecast meetings with the WMUK finance group
• Be the senior point of contact / escalation on day to day issues within the commercial team.
• Provide leadership, advice and creative planning support to partners in respect of their releases, catalogue and revenue
• Participate in the acquisition of labels and artists for distribution and expanded services.
• Contribute to the strategy & growth of the company through your experience, perspective, innovation & excellent network of contacts
• Minimum of 8-10 years experience in a record marketing function with proven & demonstrable track record of successes
• ‘Head of’ or Director level within a UK record company, familiarity with marketing both local & international repertoire
• Excellent experience & understanding of independent labels & artists, gained from working at an independent label in a marketing capacity
• Experience working both in major label and independent label environments
• Experience of managing a department & leading a team of direct reports in a dynamic & fast moving business
• Experience & understanding of larger global business structure, including experience of international markets
• Demonstrable experience in leading sales and distribution marketing campaigns in the UK
• Must hold strong existing relationships with key DSP partners such as Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube etc.
• Excellent experience in working with labels, artists and management at all levels
• Proven experience of working product cycles with an understanding of the operational aspects of the distribution process
• Hands on experience both working in a key International market and exporting UK campaigns resulting in proven commercial success globally
• Proven excellent experience of working with commercial teams across all formats, retail types and platforms with particular relevance to the streaming economy & best practises
• Wide ranging relationships within the independent sector & help to introduce new business opportunities to ADA for future partnerships
• In-depth knowledge of the current music market, especially regarding the independent sector
• Financial understanding including forecasting, planning, budgeting, P&L management.
• Great team communication skills, being the primary advocate within a diverse team profile for our label partners.
• Accountable, outcome oriented, desire to make a difference and enable a vision to become an outcome.