USA TODAY is seeking a Client Strategy Manager to serve as the marketing point person in the development of integrated, insight-based and idea-led advertising solutions. These solutions will strategically support advertiser objectives by leveraging the equity of the USA TODAY NETWORK, which comprises its parent company, plus 109 local media properties. The Client Solutions Manager is a strategic and enthusiastic solution-driver, whom puts our consumers at the core of everything we do.
We are looking for someone with strong digital experience, relevant history in working with major brands and a deep knowledge of emerging digital technology, social media, innovative ad platforms, competitive sites and mobile applications. What’s more, you should have the ability to effectively multi-task and manage complex relationships with a variety of internal and external counterparts.
Specific responsibilities in this role include:
SALES PARTNERSHIP – MARKETING SOLUTIONS DEVELOPMENT: Develop cross-platform, client specific advertising solutions for USA TODAY NETWORK’S national sales business across: digital, mobile, tablet, print, events, social. Manage collateral development for key categories (may include multiple categories). Collaborate with internal and external teams (sales, research, corporate marketing, product team, creative, and more) on the creation of all client specific advertising concepts. Develop innovative insight-based 'big idea' presentations and respond to RFPs with strong written communication, visual/graphics, and supporting research.
PRE-SALE BRAINSTORM PROCESS: As part of RFP and proactive client outreach, work with Sales to fully understand needs and come prepared to meetings with research and ideas and, by meeting’s end, help synthesize a strategy for moving forward. Meeting recaps, management and sales communication skills will ensure the success of this process.
IDEATION & LEADERSHIP: Participate as a key stakeholder in cross-company and external, client-facing meetings. Ability to verbally communicate capabilities and marketing solutions. Responsible for driving creative ideas that are insight based and client and solutions specific. Co-lead internal brainstorming and strategy meetings. Responsible for pulling together ideas into a final proposal
PROACTIVENESS & ADDITIONAL MARKETING DEVELOPMENT: Partner with Sales to formulate prospect lists to whom new opportunities and ongoing research can be presented. Work with Account Managers to create recap presentations and develop case studies outlining executions, including analysis of campaign results against industry standards to showcase positive outcomes.
Here’s what you need:
• Bachelor's degree required AND at least 5 years of related experience and/or training preferred. (Marketing, communications, psychology, journalism, or English majors preferred but not required).
• Excellent project management and organization skills, including proven experience in developing and executing innovative, creative and impactful integrated marketing solutions either in an advertising agency, client, or publisher capacity.
• Creative thinker with good writing ability.
• Ability to set deadlines and work efficiently with internal and external clients.
• Must be a proactive self-starter and team player with the ability to navigate their way through a complex organization.
• Solid knowledge of/experience with media specifically (Digital, Print, Events, Social & Mobile platforms). Print experience helpful but not necessary. Digital media experience necessary.
• Must be adept at developing cross-platform opportunities that drive revenue via alignment with corporate revenue and overall Sales goals.
• Must possess a keen understanding of the media business, of Ad Sales and must also have a respect for content and the creative/editorial process.
• Must be team-oriented, collaborative and have the ability to drive an agenda forward while also balancing needs of multiple conflicting stakeholders.
• This position has no direct reports but must inspire others to do what is needed and must therefore exhibit leadership ability.
• Must be passionate about the media business with the ability to inspire and nurture the same in others.
• Exhibits core behaviors – e. g., interpersonal relationship skills, communication, creativity, analytical/strategic thinking, problem-solving, strong work ethic, positive attitude, takes initiative, & full-scale organization (over-arching to tactical).
• Ability to effectively manage complex relationships with a variety of internal/external counterparts with a positive attitude.
• Must be comfortable delivering presentations to a variety of internal and external audiences.
• Able to calmly manage through ambiguity and change in a fast-paced, competitive environment.
• Understanding how to use the following platforms: online, social, tablet, smartphones.
• Proficiency in PowerPoint and either Mac or PC Platform.