USA TODAY is seeking an Associate Client Strategy Manager to serve as the marketing point person in the development of integrated, insight-based and idea-led advertising solutions. These solutions will strategically support advertiser objectives by leveraging the equity of the USA TODAY NETWORK, which comprises its parent company, plus 109 local media properties. The Associate Client Strategy Manager is a strategic and enthusiastic solution-driver, whom puts our consumers at the core of everything we do.
We are looking for someone with strong digital experience, relevant history in working with major brands and a knowledge of emerging digital technology, social media, innovative ad platforms, competitive sites and mobile applications. What’s more, you should have the ability to effectively multi-task and manage complex relationships with a variety of internal counterparts.
Specific responsibilities in this role include:
SALES PARTNERSHIP – MARKETING SOLUTIONS DEVELOPMENT: Develop cross-platform, client specific advertising solutions for USA TODAY NETWORK’S national sales business across: digital, mobile, tablet, print, events, social. Manage collateral development for key categories (may include multiple categories). Collaborate with internal (sales, research, corporate marketing, product team, creative, and more) on the creation of all client specific advertising concepts. Develop innovative insight-based 'big idea' presentations and respond to RFPs with strong written communication, visual/graphics, and supporting research.
Work with the team to take part and or lead the creative brainstorming process. Helpsynthesize a specific marketing strategy for moving forward and develop presentation that clearly articulates the marketing idea and why USA TODAY is the right partner for that advertiser. Meeting recaps, management and sales communication skills will ensure the success of this process.
PROACTIVENESS & ADDITIONAL MARKETING DEVELOPMENT: Partner with Sales to formulate prospect lists to whom new opportunities and ongoing research can be presented. Help develop ideas for these prospects. Work with Account Managers to create recap presentations and develop case studies outlining executions, including analysis of campaign results against industry standards to showcase positive outcomes.
What You'll Do:
• Get to know our vast array of properties and products so you can offer clients the best possible marketing solutions based on USA TODAY strengths
• Help generate RFP responses (proposals) by supporting and taking part in brainstorming process to developing and vetting custom marketing solutions leveraging USA TODAY tools and ad products. Work with various departments to ensure a thorough and insight-based proposal is developed and can be executed by our post sales team.
• Develop presentations for sales teams to present at client meetings, conferences and various events that focus on USA TODAY’s unique positioning, value proposition and overall capabilities to help sales partners generate interest among clients. Help develop marketing positioning for USA TODAY as a brand as well as specific content verticals and related digital properties
• Learn, participate and eventually lead creative facilitation (brainstorm) process that we use to generate persuasive marketing campaigns and campaign extensions for our clients
• Serve as key hub in coordinating feedback as the Client Solutions group addresses strategic client requests and responses to our proposals. Work with internal departments to ensure we address client questions and concerns regarding marketing pitches
• Help evaluate completed campaigns and develop case studies based on successes to be used in sales materials
What You'll Need:
• Bachelor's degree required AND at least 2+ years of related experience and/or training preferred. (Marketing, communications, psychology, journalism, or English majors preferred but not required)
• Excellent project management and organization skills, including proven experience in developing and executing innovative, creative and impactful integrated marketing solutions either in an advertising agency, client, or publisher capacity
• Creative thinker with good writing ability
• Ability to set deadlines and work efficiently with internal clients
• Must be a proactive self-starter and resourceful team player with the ability to navigate their way through a complex organization.
• Solid knowledge of/experience with media specifically (Digital, Print, Events, Social & Mobile platforms). Print experience helpful but not necessary. Digital media experience necessary
• Must possess understanding of the media business, of Ad Sales and must also have a respect for content and the creative/editorial process
• Must be team-oriented, collaborative and have the ability to drive an agenda forward while also balancing needs of multiple conflicting stakeholders
• This position has no direct reports but must inspire others to do what is needed and must therefore exhibit leadership ability
• Must be passionate about the media business with the ability to inspire and nurture the same in others
• Exhibits core behaviors – e. g., interpersonal relationship skills, communication, creativity, analytical/strategic thinking, problem-solving, strong work ethic, resourceful, positive attitude, takes initiative, & full-scale organization (over-arching to tactical)