Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Inc. seeks a Manager, TV Global Product Planning for the TV department. The Manager will be responsible for the by-title global product planning and asset readiness for TV product across digital and physical platforms. This includes working closely with Director on by-country cross-platform greenlighting, global rights tracking, digital Avails title and system (CAS) management as well as physical product title and system (PLM) management. This position works daily with cross functional teams (Tech Ops, Legal, Brand Marketing, Creative, Sales etc.) and digital retailers to ensure assets are planned accurately, delivered on time and street dates are met.
In this role, the Manager can expect to:
• Manage episode and season Client Avail title planning, asset availability and execution for day after US, day after local and catalog global releases.
• Manage the DVD and Blu-ray global title planning process for TV titles including disc optimization, on- time asset deliveries and necessary system and process enhancements.
• Manage monthly TV global polling and greenlight process for assigned titles by identifying digital and physical TV title lists, researching rights and needed assets and calculating mastering costs on a title by title basis. Provide greenlight recommendations based on accurate global feasibility analysis.
• Liaise with cross functional teams, International territories and digital clients to successfully plan and manage TV store launches, TV gap fills, episodic bundles and special digital and physical TV projects.
• Work closely with Tech Ops on mastering cost reductions and product planning process efficiencies.
• Build relationships and facilitate communication with various global cross-functional teams including Brand & Trade Marketing, International Territories, Technical Operations, Master Data, Technology Solutions, Sales and Global Partners.
What do we require from you?
• BA/BS required, MBA preferred.
• 5+ years in a product planning, product management, digital marketing or similar position ideally in the entertainment industry.
• Strong project management ability.
• Experience or strong interest in digital / new technology / systems.
• International experience preferred.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Basic Knowledge of and interest in general entertainment and film industry.
• Foreign language skills a plus but not required.
• Working knowledge of physical and digital production and Tech Ops terminology – strongly preferred.
• Product planning experience preferred.
• Computer Skills: Microsoft Word, advanced Excel, PowerPoint is required; hands-on experience with SAP, SalesForce.com and iTunes Connect is preferred.
• Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel worldwide.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.